CHAPTER 8

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE ✨

-------------

"No no!! Get away from me!!!" I shouted and suddenly woke up. I was sweating and my back hurts, because I fell asleep on the floor.

"Hooriya Aapi!!! Jaldi darwaza kholen!!!" Nabeel said while knocking aggressively.
(Hooriya Aapi!! Open the door quickly!!)

Why is he here?? I quickly took off my prayer scarf, wore my dupatta and fixed my shirt. After washing my face, I opened the door.

"What took you so long??" Nabeel asked me.

"I didn't know when I fell asleep." I answered honestly.

"Let's go downstairs, family meeting, you know..." He says while smiling. This kiddo is cute. Whenever he smiles, he shows off his dimples.

I went downstairs with him. Wow everyone looks so serious. What is happening? I thought to myself.

"Listen everyone. We are invited to a wedding. I want everyone of you to join. He insisted that my whole family should be there." My father said in a serious tone.

"Wowwwwwww... Ab to tayaar hone ka bahana milgayaaa...." I said excitingly, while everyone gave me a weird look.
(Wowwwww.... Now I have a reason to get ready...)

"Kia hai aap log aese kyun dekh rhe hain??" I asked confusingly. Everybody laughs at me.
(Why are you people looking at me like this?)

"Hooriya jiski shaadi haina bachpan se tumse dushmani hai uski." Mom tells me while laughing.
(Hooriya the person who is getting married is your enemy since childhood)

"Why is he my enemy?" I asked curiously.

"You don't remember?" Tayi asked me.

"No." I replied. I seriously don't remember.

"Well, his name is Shehbaz, he is your father's friend's son. He used to be your friend in childhood. One time, your father took you to his friend's house, you played with him and took his favorite car. You broke his car and he cried a lot that day. Even though, it was your mistake, his father scolded him. That's the reason he stopped playing with you. So we are basically going into the wedding of the guy, whose car you broke and made him scolded." Mom laughed while narrating the event. That made me crack a smile too.

"Wow! I didn't know, I was a villain in someone's story." I said while laughing.

"You still are." My dad uttered. Wait what that guy still is holding a grudge?

"How??" I asked him.

"Because he hasn't forgiven you yet!" My dad stated seriously.

"He will! Come on he is grown up now. Why will he still be holding a grudge?" Mom pointed out.

"For that Hooriya has to ask for forgiveness." Dad said. Why are they bringing up an old memory and now asking me to seek forgiveness from that stupid kiddo.

"Jamshed why are you exaggerating??" Mom asked seriously which makes my father break into laughter.

"Areyy I am just kidding. See Hooriya's face, it's worth watching." He said while laughing.

"Whatever" I said, while rolling my eyes.

My family is very good and friendly. My taya (uncle) is not here or else, he is the one cracking jokes and making fun of everyone.

"So, anyways, we HAVE to attend this wedding, the groom's father asked me especially. He calls me his brother, so Hooriya, Nabeel and Minal, your brother is getting married. Now you all know what to do." My father said in a happy tone while stressing on the word 'have'. Yayyy we are going to be the chief guests thenn...

"Done!" We all screamed in unison.

*****

ZAVIYAR'S POV

"Sir your phone is ringing, your mom is calling." Asad tells me. I pick up the call and hear the most peaceful voice.

"Assalam alaikum Zavi How are you?" My mom greets me.

"Walaikum Assalam Ammi, I am fine how are you? How is everyone?" I reply to her greeting and ask her questions.

"All is good Alhamdulillah! When will you return? Your cousin's wedding is next week. I want you here by tomorrow and No ifs and buts." Mom orders me. I can't deny her so I have to say yes.

"Yes I am coming by tomorrow's flight Ammi, don't worry!" I assure her and I can feel her smiling.

"Be safe Zavi, Allah Hafiz!" She cares for me a lot.

"I will be, Allah Hafiz!"

I have to book tickets for Karachi now or else my mother will kill me. My work is almost done, other things will be taken care of by Asad, so I don't have to worry.

Thinking about all this I went to my hotel and packed my stuff and got ready for my flight. It was after 2 Hours so I am getting ready beforehand.

*****

After reaching Karachi, I got home and mom was surprised, because she was expecting me tomorrow and I am earlier than it.

She hugged me and reminded me about Shehbaz's wedding. Now, I have to take my mother and sister shopping tomorrow.

We all chatted while eating. After eating we all went to our rooms. I don't know why, but suddenly I remembered that water girl. How can I even forget that, cute girl.

'Cute? Really eh?'  My brain asked me.

'No but... She is pretty though.' My heart replied.

'Shut up Zaviyar go to sleep.' My brain told.

Both have their own war. But I gotta agree that girl is pretty, the way she scrunches her nose while getting angry, makes me laugh.

WHY AM I THINK ABOUT HER??? WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?

I Shook my head to remove unnecessary thoughts, then I tried to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day, I thought before going into a deep slumber.

*****

HOORIYA'S POV

After my father told us about the wedding we are making lists and getting everything ready. We have to go shopping and after that we will go at Shehbaz's house. More like Rotu's house.

After my mom told me about that scene I remembered a bit of it and the part that came in my mind was when he was crying. Hahahahahaha! He was looking so bad while crying.

Now me, Minal and Nabeel are sitting in my room and making a list to decide what we've planned about yet.

"Clothes?" I ask in my bossy tone.

"Done!" They both shout in unison.

"Make up?"

"Done!"

"Dance practice??"

***No reply***

"Shit! How did we forget that!!!!!!???" Nabeel shouts in irritation.

"You both are gadhay!" I scolded them.
(Gadhay = Donkeys)

"What should we do for dance??? We are the main guests. We should do something special." Minal suggests.

I am thinking or at least trying to think on which song we will dance, when my chain of thoughts gets interrupted by a familiar voice.

"I have an Idea!"

--------

TO BE CONTINUED ✨

How was this chapter?

Did you guys like it? Let me know in the comments.

Cya!!