CHAPTER 12

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE ✨

-------------

I was busy smoking, when I opened my eyes I saw her. Am I hallucinating? She left 30 minutes ago! How can I still see her?

I tried to remove all thoughts and continued smoking. Maybe my mind is playing games on me. Why is she staring at me. This is pissing me off now.

"Stop! Go away!" I said to her. She is getting on my nerves.

She doesn't say anything and continues looking at me.

"Are you deaf? I said GO AWAY!" I shouted furiously. I rub my temples to calm my head, which is hurting like hell.

I looked up and she disappeared! She was just here and now gone. I am going mad now. My head is hurting a lot. I think I need rest.

My phone starts ringing. I see the caller id and it's Hamza. Not again man!!!!

I pick up the phone and say "Speak." to which he replies "Assalam alaikum Zav!"

"Walaikum Assalam." I say in a dead serious tone. "How are you?" I am already having a headache and he is irritating me more.

"Hamza, just get to the damn point! My head hurts and I will not tolerate any of your bullshit!" He chuckled and said "I have a football match against someone and want to play with you. Don't dare to say no because I will not listen to you."

"Details?" I ask him. "I will send you all the details. The match is at 5 pm. Be there on time and if you want to bring more friends you can. Allah Hafiz!" I bid him bye and end the call.

Oof this man!! How much does he speak! It's been a long time since I played football, I will take Bazil with me.

*****

HOORIYA'S POV

"Tomorrow is the wedding and I can't find my earrings!!!" Minal shouts while searching for her earrings.

It's been an hour since, I am trying to help her find her earrings, but those stubborn things are nowhere to be found. Everyone is busy in their own arrangements and here I am finding Minal's earrings.

Nabeel enters the room happily and shouts "Aapi!!! Ye aapki almaari main thy!" Nabeel says while giving Minal her earrings.
(Aapi!! These earrings were in your closet!)

"Oh thank god mil gaye!!! Mujhe to laga chori hogye!" Minal says in a weird tone.
(Oh thank you found them!!! I thought they got stolen.)

"What do you mean chori hogye?" Nabeel asks while raising his eyebrows.
(What do you mean got stolen?)

"Uhmm... uhhh.. nothing..." Minal says nervously.

"Next time be careful aapi. You cannot just blame anyone for your things." Nabeel tells Minal in a serious manner.

"Guys!! Forget that! Is everything ready?" I speak trying to change the environment.

Nabeel shakes his head negatively. "No aapi! My Kurta Shalwar was burnt by this madam here." He says while pointing at Minal.

"I didn't do it on purpose!" She says defensively. "What? The Kurta Shalwar you were going to wear tomorrow is burnt?!" I ask them seriously.

He has to wear it tomorrow and she burnt it? How can they be so silly? "Umm...yes, but we will buy it tomorrow." Minal says trying to convince Nabeel.

"Yeah like it's that easy!" Nabeel mocks her.

"Ye to moye Moye hogya Nabeel!" His sad face makes me break into laughter, but I somehow control it.

"Okay it's my mistake, but I will help you." Minal says sincerely.

"Problem solved!" I shouted excitedly. "Ye kyun khush horhi hai? Isne aesa kia kardiya?" Nabeel asks, scratching his chin.
(Why is she getting happy? What did she do?)

"Don't know." Minal acts clueless.

"Stop making fun of me! I am genuinely Happy!" I say sadly.

"SToP MaKiNg FuN oF Me!" Nabeel mimics me. "Ahhhh you both are crazy!" I say while exiting the room.

They both make fun of me and do this to annoy me.

*****

AUTHOR'S POV

Today is the day of Shehbaz's Mehndi, both Hooriya's family and Zaviyar's family are busy in arrangements. Hooriya's father is friends with thr groom's father, while Shehbaz is Zaviyar's cousin.

Hooriya wore a gorgeous yellow frock with heavy jhumkas.

Zaviyar was ready to wear his formal clothes, but was forced to wear a beautiful dark green Kurta shalwar, which obviously his mother bought for him.

Hooriya's family picked up Sana and then left for the wedding.

Everybody has arrived at the venue. It's a beautiful lawn with so mny tulips, lights and everything is perfectly arranged. The lawn doesn't have a separate section for men, hence both of them are combined.

Shehbaz is getting married to a beautiful girl named 'Aleena'. The bride and groom both were looking so good together. Everybody was so excited, especially for the dance.

Meanwhile, Zaviyar's mother and grandmother are busy looking at every young girl, just for Zaviyar.

"Mom please stop it. You are scaring everyone." Zaviyar requests his mother.

"Am I a 'Churail' who is scaring everyone?" She asks Zaviyar. (Churail = Female ghost)

"No, I didn't mean it like that!" Zaviyar says trying to calm his mother.

"I will find your bride today no matter what! You cannot just reject all girls, you understand?" His mother tells him authoritatively.

Whenever his mother makes a decision, she is so stubborn that she always completes it.

"Whatever." Zaviyar says this angrily and leaves.

Nabeel found Bazil, both of them got excited and got someone's company to erase their boredom. Hooriya on the other hand is having fun taking selfies with Sana.

Sana gets a call and excuses. Hooriya is now standing alone just scrolling through her pictures. "Assalam alaikum beta!" She turns around to find a woman greeting her sweetly to which she replies "Walaikum Assalam aunty! How are you?"

"I am fine beta, which side are you from? The groom's side?" The woman asks Hooriya. "Yes, he is my father's close friend's son." Hooriya tells her.

"Ooh nicee... Why are you standing alone? Come join us we are from the groom's side too! I have a daughter of your age. You can be friends with her." The woman gives her an offer.

"Sure, where is she?" Hooriya asks her.

"Over there." The woman points out.

-------

TO BE CONTINUED ✨

How was this chapter? Did you guys like it?

What do you think is gonna happen next?

Cya!!!