11. Jealousy

VALERIA'S POV:
I woke up as the sharp sunlight hit my eyes. Strong.Bright.Warm.

I yawned and saw Sofia tightly holding my top. She looked cute. I softly caressed her cheeks with my thumb and placed a kiss on cheeks.

I slowly freed myself from her grip and got down the bed,headed towards the bathroom. I took a warm shower and stood in front of the mirror. I kept staring at myself and the tattoo.

I took a deep breath.
Inhale
Exhale
Inhale
Exhale
Pheww~

"Time to start new today." I smiled at myself and got dressed. Today I have to visit some good schools for Sofia.

I woke her up, and she gave me a warm hug. She always gave me hugs. We both headed downstairs, and I saw Elliot sitting on the couch with some blacksuited men standing in front, listening carefully to  his orders.

"I want the information about those assassin by lunch," Elliot ordered as everyone nodded and left.

Elliot looked frustrated. He leaned back, opening the buttons of his blazer and loosening the neck tie and closed his eyes.

Sofia and I got down slowly and turned to go to the kitchen. "Morning ladies," a cheerful voice spoke, and I turned. It was Lorenzo, he smiled. From the side of my eye, I glanced at Elliot.

He looked at me, and I looked away.

"Morning Lorenzo!" Sofia jumped in excitement.

"Uncle," I said. "He's like your big brother or your uncle don't call him by his name princess."

"It's fine." Lorenzo said and picked Sofia in his arms. "Shall we check what's for breakfast?" Sofia excitedly nodded her head. I watched her leave with Lorenzo.

"After you, she's attached with Lorenzo."

I turned my attention towards Elliot. "Yeah,"

"I wanna talk about yesterday," I said mildly.

"There's nothing to talk about. I have sent my men for the investigation. They'll come back by lunch with every information."

Elliot finished as he got up and was about to head in the dine hall, "What did I do yesterday?" I said, and he stopped. "I don't know."

"You do." I walked in front of him, looking straight in his whiskey eyes.

"I don't," his voice deepened, "I have to leave early." He said, looking away. I step aside, making space for him to go.

"Why was I bloody yesterday? How can I not remember anything? I didn't even drink. " I talked to myself.

Later in the evening

Long day. I spent the entire afternoon visiting the best schools of Rome. Sofia can go to school next week.

"Princess? Where are you?"

A maid came."She has gone out with master Lorenzo. Maybe to the nearby park."

"Oh, thank you,"

I walked into my room basically Sofia's. My room is Elliot's room, and I am least interested in sleeping with him in the same room. I took a shower and changed into pajamas. I heard giggling, and no doubt, they returned.

I walked down with a smile. "Oh! You're back. Mama missed her princess. " Sofia hugged me."I missed my queen mother too,"
"Well, next week you will be going to your new school. Make new friends and study well!"

Sofia was overjoyed. She jumped and danced here and there.

"What's the name of my school?" She asked.