Part 9: Belle Charming

LILAC'S POV

I felt a headache coming as I looked at Mrs Rodriguez, who was about to announce my role in front the entire class.

Gosh, I never thought there would have been a moment where I wanted to die more than now.

I was suffering through a emotional damage when Mrs Rodriguez looked my way and gave me a look that said,'Be for real Lilac'.

Common, I gotta do this anyhow by now. I sighed. I had no other choice left.

"So the role which Lilac picked is..... Cinderella! Congrats!" Everyone clapped for me.

I was devastated. What will I do!

I didn't want the main role, it was too much work. I have to memorize a ton of lines and coordinate my emotions with the words too. Ughh!

Never thought of a better moment to die.

Extremely frustrated with the outcome I made my way to the seat where Bell passed me a sympathetic smile. She knew very well how much I hated being a lead in a play.

Noticing that Bell was seated just beside me the teacher decided to call upon Bell to pick a card.

Bell sighed, nervousness literally dripping from her as she stood up and made her way to the bowl. She had crossed her fingers in hopes of getting a good role. She believed that an actor is good if they play the good roles and bad if they play the villainous ones.
Everyone had their own outlook of the world, I guess.

Bell stood infront of the bowl stiff as a stick, as she turned around to look back at me, seeking for some motivation. I passed her a thumbs up along with a defeated smile as a after math of the role I had landed.

Nonetheless,She smiled back and turned back to the bowl to pick out a card.

She put her hand in the transparent bowl and picked out a baby blue chit.
She opened it to see the role written in it. After seeing it her eyes were about to pop out of sockets as she switched between staring at the chit and my face with an open mouth.

Interesting, what might be the role she got. I stared back at her. She smiled wide smile before passing the chit to Mrs Rodriguez for her to read out loud and announced her role.

"The role Bella received is.......Prince Charming??" Mrs Rodriguez was shocked at the turn of events.

Needless to say I was shocked too but not more than Ryan who was sitting just three benches behind me.

I turned around to look at his reaction. His reaction clearly didn't disappoint. He had had jaw touching the floor as his entire face twitched as if he was having a stroke.
Poor kid.

I wanted burst out laughing.

"Miss, can we Please do a repick for Bella." Ryan spoke out scratching head. He was unsure if Mrs Rodriguez would listen to him or not.

It didn't exactly matter to us as Bell and I ended up shouting out, "No!"
quiet literally at the same time.

I mean hey, what better than getting your bestie as your lover in a role play.

Now here me out, none of us are lesbian, but it was a bit awkward acting with someone you don't know than acting with a person you know.

Mrs Rodriguez started at us. "Children calm down. Even if you refused the choice, it was bound to happen with some other role too and it doesn't matter if the roles are of one gender and you're of some other. A good actor adopts all conditions so I will let you take this as a lesson."

Among all others Bell and I were the happiest with her choice.

We eagerly anticipated for the other roles to come as Belle walked back to her seat to sit down.

Ryan ended up getting the role of one of the evil sisters. I can't. The look on his face was so funny.

The other evil sisters would be played by one of the girls named Lola.
She was one of the popular girls in our school, in other words the it girl...
Well, judging from her expression she didn't seem too happy another role either.

Acting class was over after assigning the rest minor roles like the mice, squirrels, etc. would be played by the rest of the people who also picked their cards.

The next was calculus.

Bell and I had all classes in common. I mean that's one of the privilege of having your Mom as the director of your school.

In calculus the teacher too a test, which ofcourse I didn't study for.

I asked Bell and she had studied for it.

She could have informed me about, at the very least.

Whatever, it was just a test. I wrote whatever I could.

Classes went on till 4 in the evening and we were off to home.
_________________xxxxx________________
Yo!

Guys, do you not like my storry??
Why don't you comment or vote for it.

I have been really down nowadays.

Hope you can understand.. pleaseee😭 don't turn a blind eye to voting or commenting after reading the chapters.

I mean 🥺, how else would I know what you like or you don't like.

Let's aim for 5 votes and 5 comment.

Pleaseee! Vote and comment.

*Sigh* I need a bit of motivation to continue writing.

So, that's it for today guys. Have a good day.😐

Please, remember to vote and comment. Xoxo