Part 14: Signing the contract

LILAC'S POV

Tired of his stupid antics, I backed up.
I gave him a death glare and he smiled wider.

I rolled my eyes. 'Why did he have to be so annoying!'

I leaned back on the headboard sighing to myself with dismay.

"Aww..did I anger the little princess??"
He pronounced sarcastically.

I wanted pounce on him and strangle him to death.

I was just looking for an escape from partnering up when he suddenly inched closer to me.

My eyes widened in surprise as I put hands on his chest to stop him from moving any closer.

I blushed at the close contact, quickly retreating my hands back as I moved back on the bed.

I cleared my throat before starting,"You are invading my breathing space.." My cheeks burned furiously as I looked back at his handsome face.

Ocean Blue eyes, deeper than the Pacific Ocean along with a pair of sharp brows and a jawline sharper than a razor blade.

We were currently in a position where one of his knee was proped on the bed as his hands were on the bed, supporting his upper body weight.

I stared at his chest in embarrassment. He was currently wearing a casual gray t-shirt and a pair of black pants.

The t-shirt wasn't very thick and I could see his strong chest muscles along with his biceps  pop out a lot due to his fit.

I was busy in observing his muscles when I heard a chuckle from above my head.

"Like what you see, princess?" He raised one of his eyebrows, showing off his pearly whites.

"*Cough* *cough* N-no! Why would I like your body!"

'Shit!' I wanted slap myself. How could I just reveal that I was staring at his chest??

I was beyond flustered at this moment.

I was just thinking about various ways to bury myself when I was brought back to reality with a mellow laughter.

He was laughing so hard that dimples started appearing on his cheeks.
Unusually enough he looked even more cute when he laughed.

"Silly girl, How could just say that to my face?" He ruffled my hair.

I was still in a deep stance. Staring at him intently.

I stared hard at him. He reminded me of Ron.

I dismissed the thought of him being Ron since, Ron wasn't from a rich family. Neither did he have parents.

I was busy thinking about the past and I finally managed to realise I was thinking about him.

'Shit! No I am thinking about Ron once again.' I stopped myself from thinking any further about him.

I brought myself back to the present.
"What do you want Mr. Smith?? I clearly don't trust these hefty partnerships."

"Lilac. Think about it, together we can rule the mafia. If you still don't want to believe me then how about we sign a contract?" Aaron suggested.

I tried find any trace of deceit in his eyes but to my surprise there was...none. All that reflected through those deep blue eyes was his sincerity.

I sighed, defeated.

I finally decided to give his offer of partnership a chance.

"Ayy." I got out of bed as I put on the pair of pink slippers placed just beside the bed.