Part: 16 Caught red handed

LILAC'S POV

I spaced around in the unfamiliar guest room of The Smith mansion as I dialled my dad.

I stared thoughtfully at the blue wall infront of me. This is so messed up.

I hadn't accepted the contract for a very specific reason.

I wanted to slap myself. I chewed on my bottom lip.

I looked at my phone.

The call went through and a voice responded from the other end.

"How ya doing honey?"

I thought of a reasonable reply, and decided not to inform him of the situation with Aaron.

I sighed.

My eyebrows knitted into a tight knot.

Rustling noises continued from the other side followed by a thud.

He must be at R1. My eyes lit up at the thought of it.

'Now is the time!' I thought to myself in a frenzy a slight smile danced on my lips.

"I am Good dad! How r u?" I raised my voice a few octaves just in case he senses something wrong. I Still can't let him know of Aaron and the contract.

In no case could he hear of the cooperation between I and Aaron.

My face remained as stubborn as possible as I thought of the consequences if I let it slip out of my mouth.

My eyes dimmed as I continued with a question.

"So where are you dad?" I walked around the room only to hop into the bed. I sat with my legs dangling.

There were a few more noises followed by a bang as he laughed out loud from the other end.

I smiled knowingly. I knew where he was.

I also knew he isn't gonna tell me the truth so I decided to take the upper hand.

"I am-" and before he could continue I interrupted him.

"U are at the garage right?" I grinned. I had predicted his reply.

He seemed to be shocked. He didn't expect me to predict it but it was something he pronounced each and every single time he didn't wanna let me know his whereabouts.

This was a typical lie he muttered out, whenever he was at R1.

I crossed my legs. One of my slippers was about to fall off but I managed slip it onto my foot right on time.

All this while I expected him to cover up his petty lie but he was pretty quite.

I chuckled we both knew that we weren't very homely with the term R1 itself. But I wasn't going let it slip off at any cost.

I needed to know something.

I took in a deep breath to calm down.

If I delay any longer I might miss the chance.

So I decided to strike the iron while it was still a scarlet red.

"I have grown up dad." I stated with unwavering determination. Afterall it had been a long time since that incident.

"I am not a little girl who used be scared of blood. I play with guns and granades."I stared intently at nowhere in particular as I thought of myself back then.

He sighed.

"I know that Lily." He sounded distressed.

"It's just that, I can't bear to see you  hurt once again. I still remember the day as clear as the passed seconds."