Part 12: The rehearsal

AARON'S POV

I was in my room checking in on some important documents when I heard my phone ringing.

I chair rose up from my office chair annoyed at the sudden disturbance.

I had a built in office in my house which was in use very frequently.

I walked out from my office into my bedroom.

I had my phone placed on the bedside table. I picked it up to check up on the caller.

It was Liam.

"Liam?" I frowned doubting myself. It had been a while since I had received a call from him. It was really shocking since the last time he called it was about a major victory against the Italian mafia.

But I knew better than that. It might also be a info about the worst possible scenario.

I squinted my eyes with suspicion as I received his call. I was just about to ask him his reason for the call when I heard him panting. Now, that was weird.

"Liam, what happened?" No answer.
This was bad. He must be in trouble.
"Liam, are you there?"

Some more panting later, he replied with a weak voice.."Yes boss..*groan* Two pe- people from high wings have attacked us. Code b-blue!" And that was it as the call was disconnected.
I spontaneously glanced at the phone screen as I shouted out.."Liam! Liam! Are you there! Liam!"

This was bad. The code blue reference was used for more recruitments.

I swung phone away in frustration. *Smash* my phone broke up into pieces.

"Shit!" I exclaimed as I ran my hand through my hair. I was pondering upon what step I must take.
I ran around frantically only to grab hold of my macbook.

After which I quickly punched in the password. I had no idea on the situation in the base. So, I decided to hack into our main base's computer. It recorded all the activities in all other bases. But since Liam was from the main base I hacked into the main base's CCTV.

1 second...2 second....3 second *beep* *beep* I had broken through the fire wall...Not long after I went through the phootage for more info.

I checked in to take note of any suspicious activities as my eyes narrowed with precision.
I was rewinding back and forth and that's when spotted them...

Two sillohutes in black barged in from the outside. Their moves precise and well calculated as they beat up my men. One of them had a red mask on their face which covered half their face and the other one had a similar white mask on.

The red and white mask combo seemed familiar...I had seen it somewhere.

Where have I seen it .....I scratched my head. I thought hard.

I was pondering upon the fact and just then it hit me.

They were the famous assassin duo- Pheonix and Knight (P&K)!

My eyes lit up in joy. I had always wanted to recruit them into S class.

I guess there is no better time then the present afterall, I smirked.

Ready or not P&K (Pheonix & Knight) here I come!

I dialled Ash.

A couple of rings later he received my call.

"Sup, dude?" Ashton's voice sounded from the other end.

"We have got company.." I replied with a dangerous glint visible in my eyes.