Chapter 9 | Left in the Dust

A single drop of a cloudy yellowish liquid plunged onto a small plastic slip

Large and veiny hands delicately put the slab on a small podium with the tediousness of a seasoned surgeon. 

He held onto a plastic gear-shaped object and twisted it- making the podium grow taller. It got closer to a round microscope hovering above it.

Pushing his feet onto the ground- his chair on wheels rolled toward the other side of the desk. He pulled a small control panel toward him and pushed some handles and buttons until the image on the monitor before him got clearer.

His long white coat slightly dangled from the chair. It hugged his muscular frame tightly, not attempting to hide his large biceps and wide shoulders. 

The man leaned toward it- his light blue eyes scanning the black-and-white image.

Snatching a hair tie off his wrist- he pulled his long white curtain of hair into a man-bun. His beard scratched his hands that pushed past.

With better vision of the monitor- the man watched different white and grey molecules shift amongst each other. Lymphocytes and monocytes pushed and rolled off each other like jelly, but it was noticeably crowded.

"Clear as day..." He muttered under his breath.

Clicking on a pen icon in the software- he'd circle specific cells in red. 

The man circled grey, black, and white cells that were shaped like full metal jacket bullets with round tips, "This is what I'm looking for." The white-haired man explained and leaned back in his chair.

A larger man stood over his chair; his arms crossed over his muscular chest. He leaned toward the monitor. "Is that the virus?" he asked. " It looks like bullets."

His dark auburn hair was slicked back with hair gel. Shimmering emerald eyes flickered to eye every circled cell.

Cronus Lycoris- the esteemed Alpha male of Atourania.

It was unusual for him to meet the man- especially considering he came from Canada to view a single patient. She was an extremely unusual patient- it'd be foolish to deny the opportunity to see her.

"Yes," He confirmed, "I didn't find anything in her saliva, though."

The saliva sample proved to be nothing out of the ordinary. She was dehydrated- but nothing two glasses of water couldn't fix.

Cronus scratched his beard, thinking, "Does that mean she can't spread it?" He rose a brow and looked down at the white-haired man.

He pursed his lips, "I don't know."

Admitting he was wrong upset him. He was the kind of man who always preferred to be right and struggled to admit his wrongdoings. This trait must've come from his father.