Chapter 12 | Looking Homeless and Dirty

Luck was not on her side today, which probably never has been

Three men wearing tight, dark blue uniforms walked up to her with their hands on their belts. Their badges shimmered under the daylight—radios attached to their left collarbone.

Her eyebrows rose at the approaching muscular, tall, monstrous werewolf men. Their muscles bulged from their uniforms, and large legs the size of mountains stretched the fabric. They towered over everyone around them- intimidating any human in sight.

2044 looked amazing if she could see monstrous werewolf men wandering the streets freely.

"Good morning, ma'am." A tall male officer with dark olive skin bowed his head at her, "May I ask why you're walking around barefoot?"

His sun-kissed skin glowed under the gentle sunlight. Gazing at his arm- Calamity noticed a badge with 3 lines and a loop under it- signaling he was a Sergeant II. The metal line proved he was a lieutenant.

The lieutenant had a service stripe with 4 lines- meaning 20 years. He had the largest stripe amongst them all.

Looks like the ranking system hasn't changed since then.

She pursed her lips and shrugged- stuffing her hands deeper into her hoodie pockets, "Cause I want to." She huffed, "Nothing to care about."

Calamity took a few steps away, but another cop piped up.

"Have you been in contact with a rogue recently?" a shorter male asked, stepping toward her. "We're able to pick up your scent from across the street... it's worrisome."

He had a clean crewcut and pale skin- his badge showing he was a regular officer.

"Yeah, I fucking stink." Calamity spat with venom, her eyes narrowing dangerously. "Get over it- if you hand't followed me then you wouldn't have to live with my smell."

Another officer clenched his jaw while the lieutenant cleared his throat, "Well, ma'am..."

Little black flats clicked on the pavement- gleefully introducing themselves to the conversation.

A short 5'5 woman entered the frame. She was a plus-sized snack, curvy and cute, with a bright smile that could light up a gymnasium.

She wore a black blazer dress that hugged her thighs- in immediate contrast with her long white hair tied in a tight French bun. A long, fluffy white coat hung from her elbows.

Her scent, a sweet French vanilla, covered all of theirs like a powerful vacuum. Even Calamity's horrific smell was covered up by her strong aroma.

This wasn't a regular werewolf.

The woman's arms were full to the brim with four Loui Vuitton and Chanel bags, "Hi!" She waved frantically, "Hello, officers! Please don't be judgemental of this poor lady!" The platinum-haired woman waddled up to them and stopped.