Chapter 21 | Quarantine Lunacy

Her hotel room was practically her new quarantine room

With a sprawled-out and messy mohawk, the woman was rendered a useless log on her massive bed.

Large cream curtains retained the darkness in the room. The moody hotel room darkened her heart and clouded her mind. Depression was sinking in, identical to how she felt in the hospital room.

Slinking out of her bed, she stepped over a pillow on the floor.

Calamity wore a black sports bra and baggy grey sweatpants. She had no intention of dressing to impress anymore, especially considering that rejection.

Fortunately, River kindly convinced her loving husband to cover the costs of her care. Hotel rooms, room service, and food wouldn't worry her. It was a blessing—that woman giving kindness after kindness.

She found herself drowning in junk food in the massive hotel room. It felt awful to abuse River's generosity, but her depression was like an ocean.

And she was going through everything alone- not a peep out of Gleyma.

It hurt. Her emotions drove her crazy—an obsession with a man she had just met grew like invasive vines. She felt her heart glow for him—not for lust but romantically. He was beautiful.

Lóthurr had the grace and poise of a prince. His flowing white hair looked soft, and his eyes shimmered like the moon.

She wanted to feel him- touch and hold him in her arms. 

"Goddess, if only River were here..." She dragged her hands down her face. "That woman works miracles..."

Unfortunately, River had to go to work. She had a fruitful career in Marine biology, one for which she was passionate. Lucifer's chest puffed up in pride when she described this to Calamity.

That man acts so stoically... but his love for his wife is never-ending.

Wandering toward the stand under the TV, she pushed away a few takeout boxes until she found the remote. "Sneaky fucker..." She puffed.

Popping a piece of nicotine gum in her mouth, Calamity perked at the sound of knocking.

She waltzed over to the door, swinging around the remote in her hand. She picked up on Greyson's faint scent- although her canine senses her more muted with Gleyma.

Calamity needed to stop thinking about her... it only made things worse.

Swinging open the door, the man standing behind it flinched at her brutal entry. She threw him a bland look while he scrutinized her.

"You look like ú́fntí." Greyson commented.

He wore formal pants and a black blouse- his fashion sense was similar to his father's. His muscles bulged under the clothing, and his biceps and chest were barely contained under the fabric.