Chapter 20 | Reluctance

The Dieu's were ushered out of the room like herding sheep

It wasn't a secret that everyone knew her current state, but she still had the right to privacy. Besides, her mind was clouded with the beauty of her doctor.

She wasn't supposed to be hitting on her doctor, right? It just... felt like her instincts were begging for it.

Calamity eyed his figure up and down. His muscular form fit his clothes so tightly—not a millimetre of space was wasted in the fabric. It left little to the imagination- making her head cloudy with adoration and lust.

Lóthurr stood by the T.V. stand. He stole a bland vanilla folder from the desk, flipped it open and slid out some papers.

Pursing her lips, she brushed imaginary dirt off her bellbottoms. The pants accentuated her legs- making her appear taller. Calamity stepped toward him.

"I would've thought paper wouldn't be used in 2044," She commented, "You know... digitalized everything."

Calamty felt like she was blubbering. While his presence soothed her tremendously, she still felt a strong tinge of anxiety. Between the thoughts about his appearance and voice- she listened to the haunting thoughts of what he thought of her.

He cleared his throat, "It's... preferred in the medical world." The white-haired man glossed over the papers before stepping toward her.

She felt her heart thunder in her ribcage the closer he got. Calamity memorized his appearance more and more...

Lóthurr's forehead was glossed over with sweat. He kept his eyes adverted, but every time he made a single glance, his white irises would tremble with red overcast— like a haunting solar eclipse.

His strong hands trembled like a shivering, delicate flower. "The virus isn't in your saliva... but it's still present in the body." He swallowed thickly.

Calamity adjusted her black tank top, taking another step toward him.

"It's... co-existing with the rest of your body." He inhaled unsteadily as she approached, "And your wounds have started to heal..."

"That's good, right?" She leaned toward him with interest- though it was heavily halved between the medical diagnosis and him as a person. "So... that means I can't spread it, right?"

Calamity takes another step toward him- mere inches away from his body. She felt the heat radiate off him, like a welcoming spell lulling her in.

"I don't know." He breathed.

Suddenly, to her dismay, he stepped backwards... away from her. Her brows raised in shock.

Her heart fell to the bottom of her stomach—like cascading from the top of a tall rollercoaster. Swirling thoughts about her appearance plagued her mind. Her hands flew to her face- feeling the tear-crusty eyes, swollen black eye, and scarred lip.