Vol 2.1 - War and Peace

[Volume 2, START]

I made this chapter while eating a Popeyes 3 piece with fries, a biscuit and a medium Nestea. It has 2 thighs and 1 drumstick.

________________________________________________________________________________

Chatter could be heard in a chamber in the capital of the walls, Mitras.

"Where even is the royal family?"

"Exactly, there hasn't been contact for months. Have they gone on the run or something?"

"Maybe they were attacked..."

"We're trying to locate—"

"Something needs to be done about the refugees" one of the nobles spoke out loudly, breaking the chatter. "The social unrest is looming over our heads! If we don't organize something quick, we are risking a civil war..."

"The food shortage is not going to stop" another councillor added "We won't be able to feed them, even if we use them to fertilize the wastelands."

The Royal Assembly was discussing their possibilities for dealing with the crisis. With the fall of Wall Maria, they had lost over a third of their territory. Many people were left with nothing to fill their stomachs with and the problems that their sheer number was causing were just never-ending.

This was one of the many disadvantages of the land of the walls—the wastelands. In theory, the vast territory comprising the walls should've been enough to feed a population even in the tens of millions, however, this little fact made that impossible. Not even the most resilient potato would be able to grow in such a place.

If one thought about it...why did humanity build the walls on such a terrible piece of land?

"I have a proposal" one higher-up in the military police exclaimed, "we send them out to retrieve Wall Maria..."

"Are you crazy?"

"They literally have no chance against Titans..."

"That's the whole point" the MP continued "They are not supposed to take back the territory. Nor they are supposed to even survive."

Silence filled the room as all of the councillors looked at the man. Seeing that he had their attention, the military policeman continued.

"We have a small amount of food and lots of mouths to feed. It's obvious that once the population realizes it, they will do everything in their power to get whatever they need. At first, the royal government will be toppled, then they will split into different factions, fighting over whatever is left. My plan is perfect. Soon enough, we will get rid of the hungry in a way that they won't even figure out."

"Yeah, I see now..."

"It does sound feasible..."

"A sacrifice of some, so that the rest can survive..."

To avoid civil war, and to avoid the toppling of the nobility, a plan was hatched to send all the refugees on a mission to reclaim Wall Maria—over 250,000 people would be sent to be slaughtered and eaten by the Titans. That was the reality of their situation.

'How unfortunate.'

A guard, stationed outside of the Council chambers mused with mock empathy, his blank face betraying no emotion whatsoever.

"Do you mind covering for me? I need to go to the bathroom."

"Huh? Oh, yeah, just go on, man."

The guard went to the bathroom.

||𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑: 𝐖𝐀𝐗 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒||