Vol 2.6 - The Strongest

I'm not sure if I could live up to the hype of this fight. Apologies in advance, but I'll try to make it as gas as possible.

[ANTI-PERSONNEL SQUAD VS KIYOTAKA AYANOKOUJI, START!]

________________________________________________________________________________

I knew this day would eventually happen. It was only a matter of time before my position was compromised and they'd send more assassins after me. I knew this was the case ever since I came here.

The royal government was now stable enough to carry out cleansing operations. Whoever on their extensive lists was suspicious of the existence of the walls, they would begin to exterminate.

However precarious my situation was, though, it was all according to plan.

Prepousfully not transferring to a different branch allowed the government to narrow down my location and eventually my movements. Ever since that incident with the factory boss, I had felt multiple eyes on me constantly.

There was no doubt about it, my stabilization efforts bore fruit.

The initial plan was to lure the Anti Personnel Squad into a favourable location and massacre every single one of them, thus ridding myself of the only pests who could challenge the OFTL in its entirety.

I didn't plan on having them chase me down here, my exit is probably blocked off. I was simply too curious for my good and trapped myself in a situation where my chances of survival dropped from 100% to 99%.

Troublesome.

Bang!

Bang!

I barely ducked under the fire of buckshot, returning fire of my own at the man known as Kenny, who wore a top hat and ODM gear that appeared to be specifically made to handle human combat.

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

My shots rang out, causing the older man to pull back, sneering as he did so. This allowed me to hide behind another pillar.

This person was good, too good at ODM gear—too fast to be a normal human. His aura had a fine experience with death and murder. It was as if Tsukishiro was in his physical prime while retaining his years of experience.

I didn't have my ODM gear on me, I was stuck on the ground, so I had to remain vigilant. I could hear the puffs of gas moving around the crystal cave, narrowing in on my location. I moved at breakneck speeds to break his tracking, attempting to kill my presence in the process.

"Hey, hey! Why're you runnin' so much? You got two good shots off at the beginning, don't tell me you're trying to escape! Your little MP buddies won't be comin' to save you, you know?!" Kenny's cocky voice rang out in the cavern, despite suffering some injuries, he was seemingly in a good mood.

My act was exposed. Masquerading as a member of the Military Police would be no more. This whole "murder case" near the Reiss chapel was just a ploy to A, confirm that I knew something about the walls, and B, lure me out into the confines of the Reiss chapel.

It was a well-thought-out plan, that I had predicted they'd use on me already.

"Military Police?" I called out. "What do you mean by that?" I glanced towards the endless crystals, my attempts to pinpoint my assailant useless. My only bet was to try and become a bat and use echolocation.