Vol 2.3 - Case of Bandits

I find it odd that there are more large authors reading this story. Like, I've read your books now you're reading mine. I don't know whether to be excited or terrified. Maybe both.

________________________________________________________________________________

Locating the source of Ultrahard steel proved to be incredibly irritating. It was a tightly kept state secret, requiring something other than papers just to gain access to its location. I couldn't fake anything.

But that's beside the point.

Lord Inocencio's popularity, and by extension, the nobility's, soared among the people after the retaking of Wall Maria was called off. The food situation improved, as did technological advancements.

Even the most skeptical individuals had their opinions swayed. The nobles were credited with bringing food, jobs, and security to the populace, earning them a debt of gratitude.

Many of the skeptical individuals hailed from Wall Maria, where their farming expertise now translated into work within the newly established factories. In return for their labour, they received food and wages, however modest.

Assessing the sentiments of the landowning families was straightforward. They only had to part with a fraction of their wealth, and their rational thinking acknowledged that the labour and revenue from the factories compensated for any losses incurred during production.

I also gave them schematics for deodorant. Everyone still smells horrible.

There was also a new project, a new type of town that was being spearheaded by the Inocencio family, along with some of their allies. "New Utopia" is what they named it. It's, to put it in layman's terms, a modern city with all its luxuries, like a sewer and proper sanitation.

I plan to live there whenever its construction is completed.

The wealth of the bourgeoisie was increasing so rapidly that they had the time to spend it on things such as building temporary homes for the refugees, cultivating the wastelands and even providing clean drinking water. That was a shocker, considering they were initially fine with letting people die of cholera.

I guess this is how Trickle-Down Economics was supposed to work.

It didn't matter how much money the nobility made from exploiting my knowledge—As long as they were kept distracted and kept in power, the rising power of the military could be curbed.

It's not like they'd be keeping all of that money to themselves for long or anything...

The military and its soldiers should be loyal to the state, not its commanding officers. That was the mistake of Rome—what brought its downfall. The men at the top just became tools for the army to use. The emperor was just a guy who wore purple, there was nothing special about someone who could just be replaced.

"Give those titans another whooping Commander!"

"Kyaaa! He's so handsome!"

"Hey! Who do you think looks better? Levi or the Commander?"

"I don't know! I'd take them both!"

"Hah!? You!? You wish! I could—"

"Imagine it~ His manly arms around your waist, he's pulling you closer, planting kisses all over your neck and then he pushes you onto the bed—AHHH! I can't, I can't! Hihihi..."

"Wait, wait! Are we talking about Levi or the commander here!?"

"BOTH!"

Okay...you didn't have to scream that into my ears...weirdos...