Vol 3.2 - Trost

LOOK AT THIS! GOD ITS SO BEAUTIFUL!

All jokes aside, thank you—I haven't even finished the first season yet and this story is fucking massive

________________________________________________________________________________

Early Morning, Trost District

It was loud, thunderously loud in Trost District today.

Protests, stoked by a combination of the terror attacks on Karanes District, call for more workers' rights and protections as well as general disgruntlement with the government, broke out en mass.

Refugees from the neighbouring camps and regular citizens came out into the streets to protest the government's shortcomings.

There were thousands of them, their numbers hovering around 30 to 40 thousand. It was twice the population of Trost.

Shouts and screams demand for change, demands for answers—answers that only the government had and could answer.

They wanted them all.

"What happened to our sons!?"

A woman held up a family portrait. She was the mother of a pair of teachers who suspiciously went missing one morning and never came back.

"The Military Police keep laying back and watch us die!"

"What's the point if our taxes result in our sons and daughters ending up in body bags!?"

"You can't silence all of us!!"

Government trust within Wall Rose was at an all-time low. Over the past year, there had been over a dozen attacks labelled under the "Terrorist" moniker, resulting in over 3000 deaths and thousands more injuries.

And that wasn't considering the cost of repairs to buildings, treatment for the injured, and funerals for the salvaged. It was bleeding the coffers dry.

The Royal Government in Mitras couldn't win such type of war, one that was asymmetrical, one where their enemy could pop up at any moment and gas 200 people in one fell swoop—shoot up a church gathering...and then disappear into nothingness.

The OFTL, however, wasn't popular at all. In fact, they were almost despised by contemporary thinkers.

They had made their goal clear, remove the Assembly of King Fritz's power and make the people, the ones at the bottom, the center of power. Supposedly, in their captured territory, they expressed their desire to create a bill of rights, a constitution, a worker's rights charter and promised free education to all.

It was supposedly an appealing purposal, and many desperate flocked to their cause initially...However the killings, gassing, brutality and terror attacks...muddled their image greatly.