Vol 2.4 - Suspects

HEHEHEHEHE AMONG US!!! VENTS!!! SOOOOOOOS!!! HEHEHEHEHEHE!! THE TITLE IS CALLED "SUSPECTS" HAHAHAHAHAHA! I'M SO CLEVER!! HAHAHAHAHA!

FUCK! I HAVE ROBLOX KID HUMOUR—THAT'S SO CRINGE!!

________________________________________________________________________________

"Another case, Captain?" I entered my superior's office to find a serious expression etched on his face as he shuffled through a stack of papers and reports. Without waiting for an answer, I picked up one of the reports and asked, "How many incidents have there been now?"

He sighed. "Too many lately. People are getting restless, and it's turning into outright violence. Just read through that, Kiyotaka."

The report detailed a disturbing scene at a factory. Workers had detected a foul smell emanating from their boss's office, initially dismissing it as smoke or a new product. However, as the day progressed, the odour grew worse until the workers investigated and discovered the grisly sight of Desmond Webber's mutilated body.

I paused as I read the graphic description. Desmond had been brutally stabbed 28 times across his body, and his corpse had been left alone for hours before anyone noticed. He was left in a pile of his own blood and urine for the entire workday.

"Why wasn't this reported sooner, Captain?"

"I don't have all the answers. They want your team to handle the investigation now. Can you see what's happening? They're dumping all this on us while they slack off," my superior remarked bitterly. "By the way, I've been summoned to Mitras for a meeting with higher-ups. I'm leaving you in charge. Can you handle it, Kiyotaka?"

"Absolutely, sir. When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow. I'll send you to the crime scene—there's already a team there collecting evidence. Don't worry too much about the timeline," he said, knowing my usual meticulousness.

I nodded, though I couldn't help but feel concerned about the potential evidence tampering by MPs if the scene had been unattended for hours. "I'll do my best to bring these criminals to justice."

My declaration earned a chuckle from my superior. "I can't tell if you're serious or just poking fun at me, Kiyotaka. Your tone doesn't give much away."

"I assure you, Captain, I'm serious about this investigation," I replied with determination, though my tone apparently didn't convey it as I had hoped.

"Well, get ready. The factory is a few hours away from here."

"Understood, sir. I won't let you down," I said before leaving his office and closing the door behind me.

As I walked away, I heard him mutter, "You never have..."

...

..

.

..

...

As my horse thundered across the expanse of Wall Rose, I admired the untouched beauty of the landscape.

Rolling grasslands stretched out under a vast sky, framed by distant mountains and towering trees that filled the air with a sense of purity and freedom. It was like stepping into a national park, a glimpse of the world before the encroachment of industrialization.

It only took a little push to change society...

The night skies were full of stars, untouched by the haze of industrial smog or the glare of urban light pollution. Nature thrived here, with wildlife roaming freely, in contrast to the spaces of urban life that were just beginning to take root.