Vol 2.5 - Ambush

I was looking for images for this chapter, but I found this instead. I think it's funny.

And you wonder why I'd simp for a side character

God if you're listening to me, you'd drop her dump truck on MY FACE!!

________________________________________________________________________________

I carefully examined the wall, turning over the strange device in my hand. It appeared to be some sort of stone, but my vast knowledge of Petrology turned a blank. It looked like stone, however, not at the same time.

Stabbing it with a hunting knife made from ultrahard steel didn't put a dent in the wall, it just broke a perfectly good knife.

"Harder than steel, yet still stone-like," I muttered. Maybe there was a titan that could create materials. That feeds into the theory of there being more than one titan within the walls before Wall Maria fell.

But that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, for the two titans, who presumably were collaborating, to start fighting.

Maybe the person who held the titan that created the walls disagreed with Frieda over something. Since Frieda can control the minds of Humanity, the Wall Titan, as a placeholder name, wanted to retake the wall, maybe.

Then there was a dispute and they fought one another, or something along those lines.

I'll have to visit the Reiss Chapel. Maybe there are answers there.

Further analysis using an X-ray revealed intriguing anomalies within the wall structure. Approximately three feet deep into the wall, there was a distinct transition to a muscly and bony substance.

"What...?" I muttered.

Were there possibly humans within the walls? Like some sort of mole people? Did they use human bodies as a foundation? Perhaps not, that's a bit too grotesque, even in a world full of man-eating monsters.

So...

This revelation sheds some light on why the Church of the Walls is adamantly against any tampering with the walls. There is some sort of meaty thing within them. I wanted to get a better idea of what it was.

"Praise the Walls, Kiyotaka..."

BZZURT!

I grappled onto the wall, waving the small X-ray device over nearly every inch of it...

...What the...

That shouldn't be right...

"I guess that theory is out of the window..."

I took out a small rudimentary transmitter and spoke a few short words into it.

||𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑: 𝐖𝐀𝐗 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒||