Vol 3.5 - A Fool's Game

You thought I was uploading on Friday

BUT I LIED! I'M UPLOADING ON A WEDNESDAY!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

________________________________________________________________________________

Inside the Military HQ, the cadets of the 104th Cadet Corps were refuelling their ODM gear after successfully taking back the armoury. The room was full of a sense of relief, however, no one said much besides small chatter.

They still heard the pleas of their people ringing in their ears.

No one was having a good time at all.

"Jean, please calm your breathing, your—"

"It's my fucking mother, Marco! I...I need to get out there now, I don't need to breathe! I-I need to make sure she's safe!"

"Take a deep breath! You're not—"

Some of the cadets had family residing within Trost at the onset of the attack. When they were made aware of the situation via the large crowds of people who hadn't evacuated. Most started to desert and rush towards their families. However, some like Jean Kirstein didn't have enough gas to do so.

The men and women of the 104th Cadet Corps were strong, but they couldn't help themselves but feel rather—

"Reiner..."

"Hm? What is it Bertholt?" The well-built blonde asked, casually lightly humming a tune while replenishing his blades. Reiner Braun was the holder of the Armoured Titan, the titan that was meant to...trample the trapped citizens.

Reiner glanced at his fellow Warrior, "Is there something wrong?"

Bertholt Hoover studied his friend's body language, it was shakey, vibrating lightly. His throat seemed to tighten a bit when he spoke, almost as if he was going to vomit. Bertholt knew of the internal conflict but didn't realize it would compromise the Armoured this bad.

Bertholt was doing rather well, considering what he had just done. His lips were pursed, but nothing else could tip anyone off.

"Ah, I was just seeing how you were doing. That's all."

"..." A long pause. "...I'm doing fine..."

The armoury went silent again, only the sounds of clanking blades and gas canisters being refilled reached their ears.

No one was fine.

Whether they are normal cadets or be they Warriors of an enemy nation. The small victory of clearing the armoury was quickly replaced by the horrors they saw—filling their minds with...the cruelty of the darkest parts of humanity.

Not even Reiner, the instigator and the leader of the Warrior Unit, could fathom the scale of those monster's plans.

Just the thought of the terrorist's small-scale genocide for the sake of their...

"Let's get to the rooftop," the blonde whispered. "We'll check on that strange titan and go on from there. Get Annie."

"Of course. Are you sure you're going to be fine?"

"..."

There was no response from the conflicted blonde, only a silent nod that didn't seem to assure of the right headspace.

...

..

.

..