Vol 3.4 - Status

People don't like their families being murdered, no matter the intention; I think...

________________________________________________________________________________

STATUS OF TROST: 33,800 REMAIN

I noticed multiple things about the walls before my terror campaign began. The roads outside of the cities, even in the towns, were being paved with proper rock, gravel and such. They more or less looked like Roman roads, best suited for horse-drawn movement.

To industrialize an economy to a manufacturing-based economy, you'll need infrastructure. Properly paved roads, electricity, bridges, fuel logistics, transportation hubs like trains and mechanized farming practices.

The latter frees up some farm labourers to work in the factories.

But industrialization comes at a cost. It changes society at a fundamental level. Workers begin to ask for rights, and protections and even form labour unions. The authority of religion is challenged in the sense that people dedicate themselves to work rather than to their faith...and the government's authority is questioned.

There are some societies such as Japan from my world being one of them, that weathered this storm of political upheaval and social change. The Meiji Revolution was top-down, meaning the higher classes and the government mandated the change. The only pushback they received was from the old traditionalist samurai.

This country is odd—a little over 1.25 million people, 99% of them being peasants in some form and nobility who are ill-educated in matters of state.

I initially wanted to execute a top-down revolution, where the nobles and therefore the king were to mandate change in a stable way that wasn't questioned by the peasantry. However, upon reevaluating their characters and the timeline length I'd have to deal with...I decided on a more unstable and violent approach.

Fostering a sense of nationalism in an ignorant and uneducated population is easy.

Perhaps I can pull a Britain and execute a bloodless coup...

I'd like to avoid a French Revolution killing spree. Everyone should have the word "murder" out of their system now.

You kill 0.003% of the population and everyone gets all rowdy at the government. Good to know.

"Close up the breach in the right flank," I murmured. "Prepare another in the center."

Even for me, this is rather risky. The open-air environment, unlike in ANHS, makes clearly impossible situations possible even though I've seemingly accounted for all of them...

Come on Scouts, where are you?

||𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑: 𝐖𝐀𝐗 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒||

STATUS OF TROST: 33,500 REMAIN

Erwin Smith was in deep thought while beyond the walls. His expression was one of complexity, furrowing his eyebrows in the process of riding through an abandoned town.

This had been a common practice for the commander for many reasons, not just due to the stress of his job.

He knew he had to do something about the situation brewing at home.

Those papers...

It was confirmed by those papers...

Those leaked Military Police papers...