Chapter 71.

Harry Styles

I sheepishly hid behind the door a bit as I watched my mother's gaze take in my body. Her eyes widened at my height and I immediately could tell she knew where I got that from. She walked in the house and looked around with wide eyes, reminding me a bit like how Arabella did the first day she came to my house. I wish she was with me. My mother came to halt in front of me waiting to say something.

"Hi mum, how are you?" I asked making her look up at me with admiration.

"I am fine, and yourself?" she asked making me smile a bit before replying.

"I could be better" I said, telling her the honest truth.

Her small arms wrapped around my waist as I immediately went stiff in her embrace. "I missed you, Harry" she said making me sigh but wrap my arms around her as well.

"I missed you too, mum" I said quietly. "C'mon, we can talk in the kitchen" I said making her let go and nod.

We all walked in the kitchen as my mother and I sat down on the stools, Luchesi grabbed her a drink of water. I watched my mother peer around the kitchen as if she couldn't believe it was my own. I can't even believe this is my own damn kitchen. She looked all around the room before her eyes landed on me. She let her familiar smile fall on her lips and immediately it was as if I was brought back to my childhood.

"I'll leave you too alone, I need to make some calls upstairs" he says walking around the counter and kissing mum on the cheek. "I'm happy your here, mum" he said giving me a glare.

"Thank you, sweetie" she said, rubbing his chest before he walked off.

Once he was gone we were left in the complete silence. I could tell she was uncomfortable as she shifted in her seat. For a minute I was scared that she would completely flip the switch now that Luchesi was gone and yell at me for all the fücked up things I had done to her, but she did the exact opposite.

"Every day I would pray to god, you would come back to me" she said making me sigh in relief and nod.

"I guess I was too scared to see you again" I said making her look at me with a confused expression.

"Why's that?" she asked making me shrug.

"I thought you would get mad at me for abusing you when I was younger and you wouldn't want me back as your son" I said making her lips part.

"Oh baby, I would never think that..." she said bringing her hand up to my cheek. I flinched at the contact making her lips turn into a frown.

"Sorry" I said.

"Harry, I want you to know that what happened in the past was in the past. Your father was a horrible man and the things he had done to us were horrific but it is over now, we don't need to worry about him anymore. He brainwashed you and Luchesi and I can't blame either of you for what happened in that house. Neither of you were in the right state of mind during any part of it" she said making me nod slowly.

"All day I was nervous for this..." I admitted making her sigh.

"Don't be, if anything I should be the one that is nervous. For a while, I thought you would be mad that Luchesi and I came barging back into your life like this. There is so much to tell you and so much you need to know I just don't even know where to begin" she said, making my eyes widen.

"At first I was mad that Luchesi was back, but once he told me the truth and what Dad did to him... I couldn't stay angry at him" I said making my mother nod.

"I'm surprised you are taking all of this quite well" she said taking a small sip of water.

"Me too.." I quietly responded.