Chapter 98.

ARABELLA CASPER

I laid down on the bed staring up at ceiling. It's been three hours since Luchesi and I came home. I've been sitting here for the last two and half, crying, thinking, reflecting. How could I have ended up in the situation that I am in? A situation where I have to fear my brothers to a man that I've only known for a few months. What could I have possibly done for this to be my punishment?

Harry has been gone almost the entire day, and now that I know the reason, his disappearance puts me on the edge. How could he keep such a secret inside of him? I thought we were past the keeping secrets bit? Clearly he knows how to confront his thoughts considering he did tell me he loved me, but how could he possibly allow something this big and out of control to build up inside. 

I have no idea what will happen when he walks in that door, if he walks in that door. What if he left? His life was at danger and the first thing he could possibly think of was to run? It wouldn't surprise me, he did it once, he most certainly can do it again. I don't think he would leave though, if he really did love me he wouldn't just pack up his things and leave at first chance.

My prayers had seemingly answered as the door swung open. His body quickly walked in, nervously scanning over the room. His eyes fell on me and immediately he let out a breath of relief. He shrugged his jacket off of his shoulders throwing it on the floor, and for once I chose not to say anything about it. He walked towards the bed and laid face down next to me before taking a deep breath.

"Hi baby" he said, leaning over a bit to kiss my forehead before resting his head on his propped up hand.

"Hi" I said quietly turning my body to face him.

His eyes studied the expression on my face as he pursed his lips in thought. His eyes were a darker green than usual meaning that wherever he just was, he was stressed out or angry, or maybe even a little of both. His cheeks seemed colorless but most of all he just looked completely drained. The black t-shirt that stretched across his chest was more wrinkly than usual.

It scared me to no end knowing that this could be the last night I lay with him in bed. Knowing that tomorrow night I could be laying alone in the bed in the pink room or better yet, in my own back at my house. I looked over his body watching him slowly inhale and exhale to a slow and nervous beat. I know better than to ask him about it but I can't help my inquiring mind.

Why is he in so much trouble with my brothers? Why is he taking this threat so seriously? Doesn't he receive threats like this every single day? Why is he worrying so much about it now? What could he have possibly done that would cause my brothers to do so much harm, knowing I would be there to observe it all? My brain was going a mile a minute and before I could even stop myself, words began flying from my mouth.

"I know what's going on tomorrow" I blurted making his eyes widen and head snap up.

"What?" he asked, scanning my face.

Why did I just say that? I'm so stupid. I sat up a bit on the bed as did he. "Uhm.." I said nervously.

"Who told you? And how much do you know?" he said lowly.

I don't want to rat out Luchesi. I made a promise to him that I wouldn't, but I also don't want to end Harry and I's what could be last night together, with a fight. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place and in neither situations did I want to responsible for the anger of either of the two brothers. I bit my lip looking at Harry's worried eyes. He was worried? Why isn't he screaming right now?