x. daisy jones

Billy finally returned from rehab, and Eddie was still struggling to figure out why Alexis kept falling into moods he couldn't get her out of. He tried enlisting Karen and Camila, but they didn't want to share Alexis's business if she wasn't comfortable sharing it herself. He didn't think she was actually telling them anything, either.

Billy tried to get The Six another album, but Teddy Price said it wouldn't be in the cards unless they record something new and exceptional. His idea of new and exceptional was adding another artist into the mix.

Daisy Jones was a girl Alexis aspired to be. She was beautiful, confident, and knew what she deserved. She didn't let anyone take control of her or push her around. She wasn't insecure, she didn't get lost in her thoughts, and she never apologized. She was perfect.

When Daisy and Alexis met for the first time, they went out to get to know each other without the rest of the band. They were equally interested in the other, seeming so opposite yet so similar.

"How do you do it?" Alexis asked, feeling more open after drinking the equivalent of an entire bottle of wine in half an hour.

"Do what?" Alexis looked at Daisy as she leaned on the bar and crossed her legs. She was enamored by her.

"I don't know, exist," Alexis shrugged. "You walked into that studio like you owned it. You didn't let anyone's comments bother you. You just existed."

"I rely on a lot of alcohol and drugs," Daisy laughed. "I push away my emotions and it makes me feel unstoppable. Some people say it makes me a bitch, but they haven't met me sober."

"Anyway you can help me do that?" Alexis chuckled, looking down at her glass. "A few weeks ago I felt like my life was finally becoming something special, and then all of the sudden it all came crashing down and I don't know how to get back up."

"Cocaine," Daisy suggested. "You know it?"

"Yeah," Alexis nodded. The last time she bumped was with a random guy outside of the bar where she met Eddie. "It's been a while."

"Come with me," Daisy smiled, grabbing Alexis's hand and dragging her to a cab. They drove to an apartment. "Simone!"

"Daisy Jones," another beautiful girl greeted, walking into the kitchen when she noticed Alexis. "Who's this?"

"This is Alexis," Daisy smiled. "She needs my help."

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Simone asked Alexis. Before Alexis could answer, Daisy dragged her into a bedroom. There was paper and clothes all over the floor and a guitar in the middle of her bed. She went digging through what looked like a jewelry box and pulled out a pile of stuff. She threw a small plastic bag at Alexis. She could only assume it was the cocaine she mentioned at the bar.

"We're going to do some lines, drink champagne, listen to the best fucking music in the world, and dance like nothing else matters," Daisy told her. Nothing about that plan seemed like a bad idea to Alexis in the moment, so she happily agreed.

Daisy was right. For the first time in weeks, Alexis felt alive again. A weight lifted off of her chest and she felt unstoppable, just like Daisy said.

She took a cab home at sunrise, feeling ready for the day despite getting no sleep. As soon as she walked in the house, she ran into Billy. He had just come down to the kitchen after feeding the baby.

"Woah," he said, noticing that her hair was a mess and she smelled strongly of alcohol. "Where have you been?"

"With Daisy," Alexis smiled. "She's great."

"She's been here a day and you're coming home drunk and high at five in the morning."

"I was sad, and now I'm not."

"Alexis," Billy sighed, bringing her into the kitchen and getting her a glass of water. "You can't keep doing this."

"My brain wouldn't shut up and I needed it to stop," Alexis explained. "Did you know that Eddie had a crush on Camila in school? I'm not Camila. But you're with Camila so I think he's with me to get over her, but I'm never going to be her."

"What makes you think that?"

"My brain. It's yelling at me all the time to run away, but I don't have anywhere to go. Maybe I'll move in with Daisy. She's great."

"You already said that," Billy pointed out. "Do you really think it's a good idea to fuck up your life because of a thought?"

"What if I'm right?" Alexis asked. "I don't want to be right. I don't want to know if I'm right."

"What if you're wrong?"

"Why are you asking me so many questions?"

"Because you're being irrational."

"You're being irrational because you know my boyfriend is in love with your wife," Alexis argued. "Billy, I don't know what to do."

"I think you need to sober up and talk to your boyfriend while I go back to bed with my wife," Billy told her. "And you need to stay away from Daisy. Feeding you drugs and alcohol isn't helping you and it doesn't make her great, it makes her reckless."

"You're mean," Alexis frowned.

"Come on," Billy complained, walking her up the stairs and bringing her to her room. Eddie was still awake and heard them talking through the wall. "You're a good person, Alexis. You deserve to be loved. Don't forget that, okay?"

"What if nobody ever loves me?"

"I love you," he told her, sitting next to her on the bed. He said it because she needed to hear it, and he knew she wouldn't take it the wrong way. "Go to bed, okay?"

"Okay," she said quietly, falling back on her bed and staring at the ceiling. Eddie heard the door close and footsteps as Billy went to his room.

Eddie's thoughts were no better than Alexis's. To him, that conversation sounded like it wasn't meant to be heard. Billy told Alexis he loves her; Alexis seemed mad at him for crushing on Camila and Billy has cheated before. Revenge wasn't the most irrational theory.