xxi. déjà vu

The next morning, Daisy woke up. Everybody knew because Nicky came back and she remembered everything he did. She ran to Billy's room, remembering seeing his face for a brief moment. He told her that Alexis found her in the shower and that Nicky ran away; he told her about the doctors and how they said she was lucky to be alive.

"Oh, my god," Alexis gasped, running up and hugging her friend so tightly they both could've popped.

"I feel like we've been here before," Daisy joked, hugging her back. "Billy said you found me. You saved my life."

"You saved mine," Alexis told her. Billy took credit for getting Alexis out of rehab, but he only did it because Daisy refused to go on tour without her. "Can we call it even and never fucking do this shit again?"

"You're wearing Eddie's shirt," Daisy whispered, earning her a friendly smack on the back of her head. She laughed, and the band couldn't help but wonder what conversation they were having as they all watched. "I love you."

"I love you. I can't lose you."

"You won't," Daisy promised. "I'll be okay."

Daisy started sleeping on Billy's bus, not wanting to be alone but not wanting to take Alexis away from Eddie since they started working things out again. Billy helped Daisy get sober just like he helped Alexis; he felt it gave him a purpose.

For the first few shows after Daisy's overdose, Eddie stayed with Alexis at the hotel instead of going to the parties. He wasn't babysitting her or trying to keep her away from the crowd, he just wanted to be with her. She was opening up to him more and more each night and he wanted to hear everything about her.

She would ask him questions occasionally that he would answer honestly, but most of the time she just wanted to hear stories and memories from when he grew up. He told her about his grandmother and how close he was with her, and how he wanted to introduce Alexis to her when they went to Pittsburgh for their hometown show in a few weeks. He told her about this one time Graham lost a bet and had to streak around the school, and how his brother taught him how to play the guitar. He told her about Chuck and how he died in the war right when Graham decided to start the band, and how mad he was when Billy switched him from guitar to bass.

"I think my favorite memory is when the band was playing at this dive bar in Pittsburgh. It was raining and I saw outside smoking a cigarette when I ran into some kids giving a girl a hard time," Eddie started, recalling the night he met Alexis. "I kicked their asses and then the girl offered to buy me a drink to say thank you, but I wouldn't let her. I bought her a drink instead and invited her to watch the set. I couldn't stop staring at her from the stage, wondering what she thought about our music. When I asked her, she said I was the sexiest member of the band and that the singer needs to shut up so she can hear my sick bass skills."

"Are you sure that's how it went?" Alexis laughed.

"Absolutely. I remember every minute of that night because that's the night that changed my life. That girl ended up becoming my best friend and then one night we had a little too much to drink and made sweet love in a dirty bar bathroom. Now she's the love of my life," Eddie smiled. Alexis laughed again, not caring about how he changed the story. It was still theirs. They were still two kids who met outside of a bar and fell in love. It was a simple story that way, even though their lives were anything but simple.

"Sounds cheesy," Alexis joked.

"Does it? Really? Because I can make it more dramatic if you want."

"No, that's okay," Alexis smiled, laughing as Eddie rolled on top of her and started kissing her.

"That's what I thought," he said between kisses. "I can tell you about the sweet love they made in the fancy hotel room."

"If you keep calling it sweet love you're not going to get anymore," she warned. He pulled away.

"What should I call it then? Hot sex? A good shag? Fucking my super sexy girlfriend?" He asked, smirking when Alexis's cheeks turned red. "Got it."

He pulled the blanket over his head, and then he fucked his super sexy girlfriend four times before sunrise.

"Good morning, Daisy Jones," Alexis sang, practically skipping onto Billy's bus. "Good morning, Billy Dunne."

"Wow, how many times were you fucked last night?" Daisy asked, knowing she wasn't this chipper because she just woke up in a good mood.

"Don't answer that, please," Billy begged. Alexis mouthed the answer to Daisy who laughed.

"Holy shit, is he leaving for war?" She asked. She talked to Alexis all the time, multiple times in one night wasn't a common occurrence. Eddie was lucky to get two rounds in one day. "She said four, by the way."

"Really, Daisy?" Billy asked, really wishing he hadn't been listening.

"When was the last time you had sex four times in one night, Billy?"

"When I got Camila pregnant," he admitted, tossing a bottle of water to Alexis. "At least if you have the kid now it'll be born with a full head of hair."