xxviii. the end

Eddie: I think leaving that morning was the best decision I ever made for myself. I got to start a life with Alexis and finally started to feel important. I belonged to something. My family was my own, and nobody could take that from me.

Alexis: I had no money because I was living on a tour bus, but Eddie took care of me. He was never greedy and never spent his money on extravagant things. He bought us a small house on the beach, just like he said he would, and we spent the next five years making memories and experiencing a quiet life together until I got pregnant.

Eddie: I kept playing shows on my own here and there, nothing big. I just wanted to play music and Alexis wanted to listen. Then, we had a baby boy, Thomas.

Alexis: Thomas wasn't even a year old before I got pregnant again. This time it was a girl, Laila.

Eddie: The life we used to dream of between shows became reality.

Daisy: I went to rehab and then crashed with Alexis and Eddie until I figured out where to start my solo career. It wasn't long before I wrote and recorded my first album, Flowers.

Billy: Eddie and I didn't leave the band on good terms, but Alexis called every once in a while to see how we were doing.

Alexis: One night I called them and found out Camila was sick. I told Eddie and Billy to get their shit together. I wasn't going to waste anymore time excusing something that happened twenty years ago when someone we all loved was running out of it.

Eddie: That was a really hard time for all of us, knowing what was coming and not being able to do anything about it. She's why we're all here, telling our stories. She thought the world needed to know what happened, the good and the bad.

Alexis: We didn't know every single thing about each other back then, as close as we all were. We'll be learning everyone's secrets at the same time as everyone else.

Interviewer: Do you have any secrets from that time that you didn't share?

Alexis: Just one.

Daisy: I have one, but I don't think now is the time to tell it. Maybe one day.

Eddie: I don't think I have any secrets, no.

Interviewer: What about regrets?

Alexis: I think everything happens for a reason, and every moment leads us to where we're meant to be. I can't imagine a life if I had never run into Eddie at the bar, or if Camila never took me in and bring me to California with the band. I know my life would be boring if I had never met Daisy Jones, and I wouldn't be who I am today if I didn't learn from all of my mistakes. I wouldn't have the family or the friends I have today, so, no, I don't regret anything.

Eddie: I regret forgetting to ask Daisy and Alexis to kiss in Chicago. I got punched in the face, left the band, and lost two hundred bucks that night.

Warren: I thought they were going to kiss on stage that night. They were singing to each other with so much emotion, I almost cried. Mostly because it was a nice moment, but also because I thought I was going to lose the bet I had with Eddie.

Interviewer: Do you think Daisy Jones & The Six will ever take the stage again?

Karen: I think there's a chance, maybe.

Graham: It'll be hard, definitely. There are a lot of things that'll come to light with this book, I guess it just depends on if we're willing to talk about them.

Alexis: The kids make fun of us when they see pictures or hear old songs. I would love for them to see what I got to see, though. The magic of it all.

Eddie: Alexis lights up at the idea of us all performing together again. It's just another dream of hers I want to make come true, if I can.

Alexis: It'll happen. I know it will. One day.