xiv. aurora

Karen and Graham helped Alexis settle into Billy's bus the next morning as Billy said goodbye to his family. Alexis watched how they interacted, knowing there was only one thing left to hide. She couldn't lie to Billy, not after everything he's done for her. She didn't think it was her truth to tell, though. After all, she wasn't the only one keeping the secret. The only one who didn't know what happened was Billy.

As Billy started walking onto the bus, Alexis and Camila made eye contact through the window.

"Camila wants to say goodbye before we leave," Billy told her. Alexis quickly made her way off of the bus, Karen kindly removing the child from the upcoming conflict.

"Why did you do it?" Alexis asked.

"I'm sorry."

"That's not an answer."

"We were drinking and I said I thought Billy was cheating again with Daisy, but Eddie convinced me it was you," Camila explained. "I was so mad at you. He started complimenting me and I just gave in. I was never going to do it again, you're my best friend."

"But you did it once because you thought I was sleeping with your husband. You were never my friend," Alexis told her, deciding to give her an impromptu apology letter. "I'm sorry I made you believe I was as horrible of a person as you are."

Alexis turned her back to Camila and walked back on the bus. Camila put her hands over her mouth to cover her tears, but Billy knew when Camila was upset and spotted it right away.

"Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, we're just upset that I'm not staying behind this time," Alexis lied, closing herself in the bathroom. Like Camila, she covered her mouth with her hands to muffle her cries as she sat on the cold floor.

Eddie, holding his unopened letter in his hand, had been watching the entire interaction. He looked at Camila, but she didn't want to look at him.

"Why was she in rehab?" Eddie asked Daisy, recognizing the letter from the one he got from Billy.

"Why do you think?" Daisy asked, sitting on the bed across from him. She took the letter out of his hand and decided to open it herself. She scoffed as she read through it, tossing it back to him when she was done. "I don't think you deserve one fucking word of this."

"I don't care what you think," Eddie fought back.

"You should. She does," she winked, getting off of her bus and onto Billy's. She saw the bathroom door closed and didn't see Alexis, so she put two and two together. "Babe!"

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to go in there," Billy warned.

"What, do you think I'm going to get her high?" Daisy asked, raising her eyebrows. Billy didn't say anything. Once she heard the door unlocked, she went in and locked it again behind her. The bathroom wasn't exactly fit for two people, so they squeezed across from each other on the floor. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just pissed," Alexis sighed, wiping her face with the toilet paper on a holder next to her had. "She thought Billy was cheating with you, Eddie thought Billy was cheating with me."

"So it was revenge sex," Daisy nodded. "Over Billy fucking Dunne."

"Is that why you got married?" Alexis asked, knowing how Daisy felt about Billy and how difficult it was for her to write and record most of Aurora with him as a result. "Because of him?"

"He kissed me," Daisy admitted. Alexis rested her head against the wall. "He was cheating, for a minute. I don't know if you got The Rolling Stone in rehab, but he said I meant nothing to him and that everything between us was an act. So, yeah, I got married."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know he said all that."

"It's in the past. Now, I have two people that love the shit out of me, and you both remind me that love isn't supposed to hurt so bad," Daisy smiled. "I really meant it when I said I wouldn't tour without you here. I wouldn't have been able to do it. I was ready to give up everything so I didn't have to hurt like that again."

"You should meet my doctor," Alexis laughed. "She gave me pills for PTSD and compared me to a dog afraid of its shock collar because I would do the same shit."

"That's why we get along so well. We're both fucking crazy," she laughed alone. "Do you think you'll forgive that guy?"

She meant Eddie. It took her so long to remember his name that she just started calling him "that guy" or "bass guitar".

"I don't know," Alexis shrugged. "I know I shouldn't, but I also know I wasn't innocent, either. It's all in the stupid letter."

"He doesn't deserve that shit, anyway. You didn't get an apology, why is he entitled to one?"

"Because drug addiction hurts your loved ones as much as it hurts you," Alexis said, imitating her doctor. "I had to write an apology letter to myself, too. It was ridiculous."

"Well, it got you here."

"Do you think I should tell Billy?" Alexis asked. As much as Daisy wanted to be selfish, she didn't want to think of herself in that moment.

"I think you should do what feels right," Daisy suggested. "Would you rather him be upset that you told him or upset that you lied to him?"

"God, I'm still in rehab," Alexis groaned, coving her face with her hands and then laughing at the irony of their whole conversation. "I really do love the shit out of you, Daisy Jones."

"Daisy Jones and Alexis Rose," Daisy laughed. "Shit, that's funny."

"We should start our own band. Call it The Flowers or some shit," Alexis joined, laughing with her. It seemed silly, how fast Daisy can change Alexis's mood.

"Do you sing?" Daisy asked. Alexis nodded.

"I sing, I write. I can play the piano and the keys," Alexis admitted. "You're the only one that knows. I like to listen more than I like to play, so I keep it to myself."

"I want to hear your voice," Daisy smiled. Her smile was captivating. "Will you sing for me? One of your songs?"

"If you can find me a piano," Alexis smiled back. "I'll only do it for you."

"It'll be our little secret. I promise."