one

BLAIR'S POV
September 1st, 2007

Ever since sophomore year, Toby had changed. He wasn't loving at all, he barely talked to me. When I'd tried to break up with him, he'd screamed in my face. Almost hit me, but didn't when he heard his parents walking into the house.

I didn't know what to do about it, this isn't what I wanted out of a relationship, but I stayed. I spoke to Alice about it, she said it was because of my dad.

When I was thirteen, my dad left. Before that, he was abusive. He'd obviously wanted a boy, making him disappointed in everything I, as a girl, did. I wanted to do dance? I was a bitch. I wanted to do a sport? I had to stop acting like a boy. I could never do anything right for him.

But Toby gave me just enough attention. It wasn't enough for a normal relationship, but it was enough for me to feel just a little bit better about the whole 'no dad' thing.

Every time I got close to leaving, he showed me just enough affection for me to think he was changing, then stop when he was assured I wasn't going anywhere.

But I stayed, it had been almost three years now, he was my childhood sweetheart, what could I do about it? Alice was always mad at me for it, but I think she understood, so she was never too harsh.

I think maybe Toby was having a hard time, Bill Lynch had left school at the end of freshman year, and Toby didn't really have a close friend that wasn't me or Alice. He had tons of friends, but none close enough. Maybe he just took his anger out on me.

It was the first day back at school, and the Kaulitz twins' birthday, which just annoyed me. I hated seeing Bill be congratulated just for getting older, he didn't deserve it. I wondered if Tom knew what he did, what he was really like.

"Girls love them," I said to Toby, "Wonder if they'd still love them if they knew they'd rather drug them than actually just talk to them."

"It was over two years ago, Blair," Toby said.

"What? Toby-"

"He was fifteen, he's eighteen now, an adult."

"People like that don't just change."

"Whatever."

I sighed. Looking to the front of the room, where the teacher was beginning to talk. She wished the twins a happy birthday, to which I scoffed. Bill turned and looked at me, giving a dirty look.

 Bill turned and looked at me, giving a dirty look

BILL'S POV
September 1st, 2007

"I just don't get it, Tom," I said, sitting down next to my twin in maths class, "Why does she hate me so much?"

"You dwell way too much on it, Bill. It's been over two years. You two were never even friends. I'm pretty sure you spoke to her less than five times before she started hating you."