six

THIRD PERSON POV
October 14th, 2007

Blair and Bill's chemistry class had done a test on Monday, and Blair's grade would determine whether or not she still needed to be tutored by Bill. She'd prayed and prayed that she got a B so she could finally stop going to his house every weekend, but was disappointed when her teacher handed her the paper.

"You're improving," Miss Adamski said, "Keep it up."

"Improving?" Blair asked, "This is another D!"

"Right, but it's closer to a C than you've ever been before."

"So why can't you just bump up my grade?"

"And lie to you about what you got? If you're trying to get out of tutoring, a C wouldn't do that for you anyway, so may as well be honest."

Blair huffed, leaning back in her chair and staring down at the grade. D+. As if that plus meant anything on such a shitty grade. She'd been trying really hard, and Bill had actually been helping her make progress, all things considered. She really thought she was gonna do well this time.

"Didn't know you were still so desperate to get rid of me as your tutor," she heard Bill said, almost mumbling.

"Huh?" She asked.

"Begging Miss Adamski to bump up your grade so we don't have to do it anymore."

"Are you surprised?"

"A little. I thought we were getting along."

"I'm being over to you because I don't want our tutoring sessions to be too awkward. That doesn't mean we're friends, and it doesn't mean I wanna carry on with it for much longer. I still don't like you."

"Whatever."

"What'd you get?"

Bill scoffed. Why was she carrying on their conversation after insulting him? He just showed her his paper. An A. Looks like he still needed the extra credit to bump him up to an A+.

BILL'S POVOctober 16th, 2007

BILL'S POV
October 16th, 2007

"Why are you staring at me?" Blair asked. She was doing her work for the week. I admit I was staring at her, not because I wanted to look at her, but because I wanted to see how much longer she was gonna be.

"Because I'm waiting on you to finish so we can finally wrap this up," I said. She seemed a little taken aback by my meanness, something she hadn't heard in a while, but on Thursday she'd made it clear to me that we hadn't actually made any progress in terms of our relationship. She still hated me, so I went back to hating her.

"I'm stuck."

I rolled my eyes and stood up, walking over to the dining table. I towered over her and looked at the question she was struggling on. She'd written a bunch of answers.

"You're stuck on this one?" I asked.

"You don't need to make me feel stupider than I already do, Bill, just help me."

I felt a little bad now, my chest twisting just a bit when I saw my comment made her actually upset, but I didn't care, she'd made me feel upset countless times, her feelings didn't matter to me.

I looked at the equation, seeing that she'd actually already wrote the correct answer, but crossed it out.

"You got it right the first time," I said, pointing at her scribble, "Just don't overthink it."