five

BLAIR'S POV
October 9th, 2007

It was my fourth tutoring session with Bill. So far it hadn't been too bad. He'd left me alone when I didn't need him to help, and he'd actually been fairly nice. If he was anyone else, I would've started feeling bad for being so distant and closed off, but he was Bill, and he'd drugged me, and I hated him, so I didn't feel bad. At least I tried to convince myself I didn't.

I was sat at his table doing my work and he was at down on his couch, scrolling through his phone. I could tell he wasn't really paying much attention to whatever he was looking at. He'd actually seemed pretty sad for our entire session, which confused me. Even when he was around me, he never seemed to be this mood. Annoyed, yes, but sad? Never.

I sighed, going against my better judgement as I often did and deciding to talk to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked, he looked up at me, eyes wide, "Not that I, like, care. You just look sad."

"I'm fine."

"Just because you don't like me doesn't mean you should lie to me."

He huffed, putting his phone down to properly look at me. "I had a bit of an argument with Tom. It wasn't anything huge. In fact, I don't even remember how it started, I just remember us yelling and calling each other names. He left the house just before you showed up, he's not answering my texts."

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, he went to our bandmate Georg's house. He's just ignoring me."

"Bandmate?"

"Yeah, Tom and I are in a band. He plays guitar and I sing. Georg's the bass player, and our drummer is Gustav. Our band's called Tokio Hotel."

"Why've I never heard of those other two guys?"

"They're older than us, nineteen and twenty. Plus, they weren't to different schools anyway."

"Oh. Cool. I'm sure Tom'll come around, he's your twin. If I had a twin, I'd always forgive her. Unless she, like, killed our mom."

Bill laughed. I should've liked seeing him laugh at my joke, but it just reminded me who he was. Bill Kaulitz. Instead of continuing the conversation, I looked back down at my work.

After my tutoring, I went to Alice's house

After my tutoring, I went to Alice's house. I flopped down on her bed, making a point of smacking her pillow as I did so.

"Don't take your anger with Bill out on my innocent pillow," Alice said, straightening out the dent I'd just made, "What'd he do now?"

"Nothing," I said, "That's the issue. Since we started the tutoring, he's been nicer. Not, like, nice nice, I wouldn't say he's being friendly, but he hasn't been insulting me and telling me how much better his life would be without me. He even said I was 'doing really good' at the end of our session today."

"Weird. Maybe he doesn't want his parents walking in on him bullying a girl, so he's just nice when you're at his house."

I laughed a little. "I don't know, Alice, maybe Toby was right about people changing. A lot of other people like Bill. In fact, I think we're the only ones who don't." Alice sighed. "Don't be mad, it's not like I'm gonna be his friend, I just- maybe I should start being a little nicer to him."

"Yeah, maybe. Just be careful around him, alright. Maybe you're right, maybe he has changed, but what he did to you that night was really dangerous, and it could've ended horribly. I just need you to always make sure you're cautious around someone who's done something like that."

"I will, I will. Like I said, he's not my friend, I'm just gonna bully him less often."