four

BLAIR'S POV
September 18th, 2007

I lay in my bed, planning on doing nothing all day when I got a text from Bill. I rolled my eyes upon seeing his message.

iChat

Bill
Come over in an hour?

Blair
4 what?

Bill
Tutoring, idiot
Unless u plan on failing?

Blair
Fine, but I'm only staying for 2 hours

Bill
Trust me, I don't want u staying any
longer

I scoffed and put my phone down, beginning to get ready. I got ready quickly, obviously not putting in much of an effort, not wanting to waste my time and expensive makeup on Bill Kaulitz of all people.

I got into my car and drove to Bill's house, which I already knew the address of after the party the other week. I got out and knocked on his door, him immediately answering.

"That your car?" He asked, pointing at my pink Maserati Ghibli.

"Obviously," I said, "You gonna insult my car now, too?"

"No," he said, "It's actually nice."

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused at the fact Bill had just given me a compliment. But I wouldn't let myself accept it. Even if he started being nice to me, he'd still done something completely gross, even if it was two years ago, drugging girls isn't just something you grow out of.

"Can we just get this over with?" I asked, walking into his house. He led we to his dining area where we sat at the table. He sat down next to me. "Why can't you sit opposite me?" I asked.

"Because then I can't see what I'm teaching you. I can't read upside down. I know you hate me, Blair, but I'm not fucking diseased, the world isn't gonna explode just because we sit next to each other."

"Kind of wish it would."

BILL'S POVSeptember 18th, 2007

BILL'S POV
September 18th, 2007

My friends had suggested that since I was gonna be tutoring Blair for a while, I could at least try to be a little nicer to her, to avoid any big arguments between us.

So, when I let her into my house, I offered her a drink, I offered her a snack. She said no to both. I told her we could work on the couch if my dining chairs were uncomfy, but she said no, in fact, she'd said a little more than no.

"You have no table there," she said.

"So?" I asked.

"So the book will be on my legs. I'm not sitting on the couch so you have an excuse to look at my thighs."

"Ew. You're the last person whose thighs I wanna look at."

Maybe that was a little mean, but I want gonna take her practically calling me a pervert in my own home. Instead, we sat at the dining table, and I sat next to her, which she still wasn't happy about, but we wouldn't be able to get stuff done as quickly if I kept having to read upside down.

As I sat next to her, I caught a whiff of her body spray, a sweet vanilla smell, with a hint of strawberry, like cupcakes. I tried not to pay any attention to it, but it was all I could focus on, she smelt so good.

I cleared my throat and began talking about the work. There was nothing wrong with liking the way she smelt. After all, it wasn't even her, it was the perfume. Still, I cursed myself, not wanting to like anything about her, not even something so small.

Miss Adamski had given Blair a piece of work to do after I'd tutored her a bit, to see if she was actually making progress.

"I'll go and sit on the couch while you do that," I said, handing her the pen. I'd noticed that she didn't only hate sitting next to me, but it also seemed to make her actually, genuinely uncomfortable.

Considering that, and the fact she'd called me a creep the other day, I began to wonder whether I'd actually done something wrong to rub her the wrong way.

I didn't wanna ask. I'd asked her a few times when she started being mean to me, but always got a similar answer of her telling me I knew exactly what I did. That's why I started being mean back.

After a while of her working, I heard a loud sigh from the dining table.

"Bill," she said, "I need help."

I was surprised she'd actually chosen to ask me for help considering her stubbornness towards me. I stood up and walked over, leaning over her as I looked down at the question on the work sheet. It was a question on calculating vapour pressure. I felt her shift uncomfortably below me, realising I was a little close. I backed up and gave her the equation, allowing her to put the numbers in herself.

"Did I do it right?" She asked, showing me the answer.

I nodded. "Well done."

She said nothing, just nodding once before getting back to the last few questions in the sheet. That first tutoring session made me question everything, maybe she wasn't the complete ass I thought she was, maybe she really did have a real reason to dislike me, and I had to figure it out.