eight

BLAIR'S POV
October 20th, 2007

I was sat in the passenger seat of Toby's car, driving to school. He seemed a little frustrated at something, and I debated back in forth in my head whether I should ask what was bothering him. I didn't end up having to, as he was the first to bring it up.

"Are you, like, ever gonna be ready for sex?" He asked.

"Woah, Toby, weird question for eight in the morning."

"But are you? We've been together since freshman year, I'm probably the only guy in our school not getting fucked. I'm almost eighteen, I don't know how I feel about being an adult virgin."

I sighed. "It's not that I'm not ready, Toby, I just- I don't know. I don't think you initiate it at the best times."

"What do you mean? Everytime I initiate it it's perfect, no parents home, intimate, loving."

"You're acting like you get no action. I blow you, like, all the time."

"It's just not enough anymore."

We pulled up to school and began walking to home room. "We'll talk about this later, Tony, now's not really the time."

BILL'S POVOctober 21st, 2007

BILL'S POV
October 21st, 2007

I sat down next to Tom and our friends Felix and Dan. Usually, Toby would sit with Blair, but he was sat at his friends' table today, right next to ours. I couldn't help but listen in to their conversation. One of the guys was talking about a hook up he'd had last night.

"Toby wishes he could relate," he said. Toby scoffed, "How long's it been? Four years and the most you've done to her is finger her? Bet she hasn't even blown you."

"She has," Toby said, "Not that my sex life is any of your business."

"What sex life? You're a virgin."

Tony rolled his eyes. "I'm not."

"So you've fucked Blair?"

"Not Blair."

"Wait," another friend spoke up, "But you've been with Blair since freshman year. You're telling us you were thirteen and fucking?"

"No."

"Toby."

"You can't make fun of me for being a virgin then get mad at me for doing something about it!"

"I wasn't making fun of you."

The first friend spoke again. "I was. And I'm not judging you. Honestly, respect. Don't let your girlfriend stop you from getting fucked, man. It's her own fault for not giving out, she should've by now. What is she? A nun?"

"Exactly. And it's not like I do it a lot. Like I said, I get some action from her sometimes, I just go to someone else when I really need it."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Blair was being cheated on? Did I tell her? It's not like I cared about her, but no one deserves to be cheated on, that hurts.

I was thinking about how to tell her, and whether I should wait until our tutoring session or text her right now. Tom's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Earth to Bill," he said, waving his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry," I said, "Got distracted. Do you hear what those guys are saying about Blair?"

"That's exactly what we've just been talking about," Felix said.

"Are you gonna tell her?" Dan asked.

I nodded. "Mhm. Just need to figure out how to break the news."