two

BLAIR'S POV
September 4th, 2007

I didn't speak to Toby for the rest of the weekend, and I dreaded sitting next to him in home room. I wished I still had home room with Alice, but she got moved because of the way she argued with the teacher.

I sat down in my seat, Toby coming in shortly after.

"You weren't home this morning," he said, "I came to pick you up, but your mom said you'd already left."

"Maybe you should've told me you were coming to get me," I said, not bothering to turn my head to look at him.

"I pick you up every morning. Kind of relied on you to be there like you are every morning."

"And I relied on you to take me for dinner, maybe we're not very reliable people."

"Come on, baby, I'm sorry. I texted you a million times apologising. I just needed to clear my head, it was the perfect opportunity. I know I should've told you, and I'm sorry, I'll take you out to dinner this Friday, I swear on my life."

"We'll see if your promise holds up."

September 8th, 2007

September 8th, 2007

His promise did hold up. After school on Friday I went home and got dressed, not going all out this time, worried he'd break his promise yet again. But he didn't. He showed up at my house at 5:45pm sharp, handing me a bouquet of flowers, pink tulips.

"Your favourite, right?" He asked. They weren't, but I nodded. At least he'd tried. He took me out to dinner, to a fancier restaurant than I thought he would. I suddenly felt out of place in my semi casual clothes, but he assured me I looked beautiful.

I knew exactly what he was doing, but I couldn't help but fall for it. The waiter assured us we were a lovely couple, and an older woman told us we reminded her of her and her husband when they were younger. Surely this is how it was meant to be, me and Toby.

"You look so amazing," Toby said for the fifth time tonight. We were only half way through our meal.

"You keep telling me," I said, smiling.

"I can't help it. Can't help but look at you. Do you like this place?"

"It's so fancy."

"I know, I had to bring you somewhere amazing if I was gonna make it up to you. I really am sorry, Blair. I don't know what came over me, the guys convinced me, but I shouldn't listen to them, not all the time, at least. From now on, you're gonna be my top priority, I'm never gonna do anything you don't want me to."

I smiled and went back to eating, trying to make myself believe his words. Instead, I changed the topic to school, something neither of us could really like about.

"So, Miss Adamski's tells me I need a tutor for chemistry. She's worried I'm gonna fail my finals if I don't 'get my act together'."

"Really? I thought you were pretty smart."

"I am. I'm getting A's and B's in my other classes, but chemistry's just stupid."

"I'm getting an A in chemistry, maybe I could tutor you."

"I brought you up to her, she said having my boyfriend tutor me would be too distracting. She's probably not wrong. She's gonna pick someone for me, I'll find out who it is on Monday. It's so annoying though, I have to do it in my free time, and I have to go to their house, or they have to come to mine. All it's gonna do is fill up mine and someone else's schedules."

"I get that, but it's for the best, right? This way, you'll do amazingly in all of your subjects. If you're good at everything else, you have the potential to be good at chemistry, you just need that extra push."

"You sound like my mom."

"I don't mind that, your mom's a smart woman."

I laughed. "She'd love you for saying that."

"Doesn't she love me already?"

"You're my boyfriend, Toby. Of course she doesn't."

Toby laughed, and everything seemed good again, I felt happy in my relationship. When we finished eating, I decided to sleep over at Toby's house. He took me to my place and I packed a bag, then we drove to his.

I lay down on his bed, cuddling up to him sleepily. He smiled down at me, rubbing my shoulder.

"So, have I officially made it up to you?" He asked.

"You have."

I leaned up to kiss Toby and his hand snaked onto my hip. I let his hand wander, but stopped him when it came around the front of my body, towards my inner thigh.

Toby and I had been together two years and never had sex. He'd sometimes get on my case for it, but it was one of the few things he didn't force me to do. I wasn't ready. Or maybe I just didn't wanna have sex with him. I didn't really know.

"I think I wanna go to sleep," I said. He rolled his eyes and just turned around, and that's how out night ended.