nine

BLAIR'S POV
October 23rd, 2007

I walked into Bill's house, setting my jacket and bag down on the back of his couch and walking over to the dining table. I was about to sit down, when Bill stopped me.

"There was actually something I thought I should talk to you about before we started," he said. I furrowed my brows in confusion. What could he possibly want to talk to me about? We weren't friends.

"Go on," I said.

"Um, I don't wanna sugarcoat it or anything, so I'll just tell it how it is. The other day at lunch I heard Toby talking to his friends. They were making fun of him for being a virgin and he said he wasn't, and basically admitted to cheating on you and having sex with other girls. He was always kind of vulgar about you, too, like, going into detail about what you guys have done. It was really uncomfortable, and I know out of everyone in the world I'm probably the worst person to be telling you this, but-"

"Are you trying to ruin my fucking life, Bill?"

"What?"

"Do you think I'm gonna believe any bullshit that comes out of your mouth? We hate each other, as if I'd believe you're looking out for me! I don't know what your issue is, but Toby would never cheat on me. He loves me."

"Blair, why would I lie?"

"I don't know. Why would you tell the truth?"

"Because-"

"Save it. I'm leaving."

I stormed out, making sure to scoop my jacket up this time, not allowing Bill to say anything more. I got in my car, driving away as fast as I could. There was no way he was telling the truth. Even Alice said she didn't think Toby would cheat, and she hated him.

I drove straight to Alice's house. I thought about going to Toby's, but I worried he'd be in a bad mood and get mad at me for being mad, ironically. Not to mention, I worried he'd get in some sort of fight if he found out Bill was making up lie, and Toby wasn't exactly the best fighter. It would embarrass me if he lost, so I had to avoid making him get in one.

Once I got to Alice's place, I could've broke down her door with how hard I was knocking on it. She answered, instantly laughing at my angered state as she knew I was supposed to have tutoring today.

"Another shitty day of tutoring?" She asked. I walked into her house and plonked myself down in the couch, pausing the show she'd been watching.

"We didn't even get to the tutoring!" I complained, "He's such a fucking dick, Alice, I hate him, I hate him so much!"

Alice's eyes widened as she sat down next to me, surprised at my words. She knew I hated Bill, but she hadn't see me this passionate about it since I was fifteen, when I woke up from being drugged by him.

"What'd he do, B? Are you okay?"

"He's a stupid liar! He told me he heard Toby talking to his friends about our sex life, or lack of, and that he's cheating on me, and finding other girls to fuck because I refuse. Can you believe that? What's the point of making up a stupid lie like that? As if I'm gonna believe it. Even you say Toby wouldn't cheat, and you don't like him!"

"How would Bill even hear Toby saying switching like that? The guys aren't friends, they're never together."

"Exactly! And he thought I'd believe him. I don't know what his problem is. He was being okay with me, then all of a sudden he does this."

"Guess he hasn't changed. He's just... weird. Have you told Toby?"

"Not yet. Should I?"

"It's up to you, but he might try and fight Bill, and you and I both know Toby can't fight."

"That's what I was thinking. He doesn't need to know anything's been said. I mean, it's not like it's true."

BILL'S POV23rd October, 2007

BILL'S POV
23rd October, 2007

I sat down on the couch, throwing my head back. What the fuck? Why didn't she believe me? Was it because I'd started being a dick again? That wasn't my fault, it was hers. I thought we'd been making progress, then she told me she still didn't like me. I hadn't expected us to become friends, but it was getting ridiculous how much she could hate me for seemingly no reason.

Tom walked down the stairs with a confused look on his face. "Why did the front door just slam so hard?" He asked.

"Because Blair's a fucking weirdo who can't admit when her asshole boyfriend is being an asshole."

"I take it you told her, then."

"Yeah, and she blew up. Called me a liar and said I was trying to ruin her life. Maybe it should've been you or one of the other guys to tell her."

"We still can."

"No, she'll just think I sent you guys after to try and plead my case. It's no use. Now I'm not gonna get my extra credit."

"You sure that's the only reason you wanted to do the tutoring?"

"Obviously, I hate her."

"You used to. But I think this has kind of given you a soft spot. Or should I say hard spot."

"Excuse me?"

"'Oh, Blair'."

My once lazy eyes now shot wide open. "You guys heard that?"

"No, just me. The guys were in the garage talking, I came out to get a drink and heard more than I wanted to. Don't worry, I didn't tell them. But you like her."

"I don't." I wasn't lying there, I genuinely didn't like Blair. Not at this point, anyway. "She's just, like, so fucking hot. I don't know what it was that day, she just- she got under my skin."

"And into your pants."

"It was a moment of weakness. Won't happen again."

"You sure?"

"I'm positive."