three

BILL'S POV
September 11th, 2007

Miss Adamski kept Blair and I behind after class, and I assumed it was to scold us for our continuous bickering, which we did pretty much all the time in chemistry since we sat next to each other and weren't allowed to move.

"Bill, you're averaging out at an A in my class, bordering on an A+," Miss Adamski said. I heard Blair scoff. "Blair, you're working at a D."

"Like to hear you scoff at that," I mumbled. She glared at me.

"The problem when trying to find a tutor for you, Blair, is that a lot of my best students are your good friends. If you'd taken a leaf out of their book, I wouldn't have to be doing this."

"Can we get to the point without shaming me?" Blair said.

"Bill, I'm asking you to tutor Blair."

"That's stupid, as if he's gonna-"

"I'll do it," Bill said.

"Excuse me? Well in that case, I decline."

"Unfortunately, Blair, unlike Bill, you actually need this, so you can't decline. If I don't see an improvement in your grades, I'll swap Bill for someone else."

"Fine, whatever. This is stupid. I don't even need chemistry."

Blair stormed out of the classroom, muttering something about how chemistry was useless for pretty much every job except the 'shitty one' Miss Adamski was doing.

"I didn't expect that from Blair of all people," Miss Adamski said. Neither did I. Blair was actually really sweet to everyone excluding me, had her hatred for me really began to affect how she treated others, too? "You best chase after her, can't tutor her if you don't have her details."

"Right."

I walked out of the classroom and chased after Blair. She turned to me, looking at me angrily, and began to argue.

"Why didn't you say no?" She asked.

"I could do with the extra credit," I responded.

"You're working at an A!"

"Bordering on an A+, this could push me."

"Right now, I feel like pushing you. Down a ditch!"

"I feel like that about you all the time, Schroder, but we don't need to be so vocal about it."

"Oh, shut up."

"What? You can say it to me but I can't say it to you?"

"I said shut up! And stop being a creep for once in your life and stop following me!"

I frowned. For once in my life? When had I ever been a creep?

"If I'm gonna tutor you, I need your number."

"I don't want you to tutor me."

"Would you rather fail and be kept behind a grade? Be in high school while all your friends are getting jobs and going off to university?"

Blair came to an abrupt stop. "Fine. Give me your phone."

I handed her my phone and she typed her number it, saving it. Blair Schroder. I really didn't need her full name, she was the only Blair I knew, but I found it funny how professional it seemed.

"Don't text me unless it's about tutoring," she said, handing back the phone. I put it in my pocket and began walking away.

"Wasn't planning on it."

BLAIR'S POVSeptember 12th, 2007

BLAIR'S POV
September 12th, 2007

"Alice! Where were you yesterday?" I asked Alice as she walked up to the school gate. We began walking in together.

"I was sick," Alice said, "Why? What's up? You seem stressed. If something happened yesterday, you could've just called, you didn't have to wait."

"I had to tell you in person." I told Alice about how badly I was failing chemistry and how Miss Adamski had kept me behind after class. "Then she chose Bill to be my tutor."

"There's no way he agreed to that."

"He did! He's so fucking weird, he was talking about how he could use the extra credit, as if she's not literally a straight fucking A student when it comes to chemistry. It's ridiculous. I have to spend one on one time with him of all people?"

As Alice was about to say something, Bill walked past us.

"You talk about me a lot considering you hate me so much," he said, walking into our classroom.

"Whatever, dick," I shouted after him as the door shut.

"I've gotta get to homeroom," Alice said, "One more late and I'm moving classes, again. It's soz stupid, we don't even do anything in homeroom, why do I need to be on time? Anyway, I'll see you later."

"Alright, bye."

Alice walked away and I let out a deep breath before walking into my own classroom and sitting down next to Toby. We hadn't really spoke much since I rejected him from sex again, but he seemed happier with me today.

"You okay?" He asked, "You seem a little mad."

"Yeah, I was just catching Alice up on my new tutor."

"You'll be fine, Blair, it's like, two hours a week, and you'll have me and Alice to rant to the second you're done. Once you get your grade up, it'll be over."

"I guess you're right. I should stop being dramatic over it. I'll just study like crazy and get a high grade, then I can stop this stupid tutoring as soon as possible. Or maybe I'll purposely fail, so she'll swap my tutor out."

"Whatever you do, don't let this piss you off too much. You're scary when you're mad."