🏵️ Chapter Eleven : Dinner Gatherings

DINNER GATHERINGS

DINNER GATHERINGS

The two families gathered around a long dining table, with the Jung family seated on the left and the Kym family on the right. Mr. Jung sat at the head of the table, with Mr. Kym beside him.

Lisa was positioned opposite Taehyun, who seemed determined to avoid eye contact with her.

The tension between them was palpable, but they both tried to maintain their composure.

To distract herself, Lisa played with her niece and nephew, their laughter and playful antics bringing some much-needed levity to the room.

The rest of the Kym family watched Lisa and the children, clearly enjoying the scene and perhaps imagining her future with Taehyun.

Mr. Kym cleared his throat, drawing everyone's attention. "Thanks for having us over. We thought this would be a good chance to celebrate Taehyun's return from Melbourne. And, well, we also wanted to talk about Taehyun and Lisa's marriage, considering it's been eight years since we first discussed it."

Lisa and Taehyun exchanged uneasy glances, both feeling the weight of the conversation.

Their parents, however, looked thrilled by the idea.

Mr. Jung nodded. "We’re happy to have this conversation. Since Taehyun and Lisa are here, it seems like the perfect time to discuss it further. Is everyone okay with that?"

"Sure," Mr. Kym agreed, smiling.

The conversation shifted to lighter topics, and the atmosphere relaxed a bit.

Lisa and Taehyun, however, silently processed the implications of their parents' discussion.

After a hearty meal, dessert was served.

As everyone enjoyed their sweets and coffee, Mr. Jung brought the topic back up.

"So, about Taehyun and Lisa's marriage," he said, looking at Mr. Kym.

Mr. Kym nodded, ready to dive back into the discussion.

As the evening wound down, Mr. Jung broached the topic of wedding planning, looking at Lisa and Taehyun expectantly.

Feeling the weight of their parents' expectations, Lisa and Taehyun couldn't help but feel uneasy about the whole situation.

They knew they weren't ready for this and were unsure about marrying without love.

Despite their doubts, they stayed silent.

With a rough timeline set and only two months to prepare, Lisa and Taehyun felt overwhelmed.

After the Kym family and Taehyun left, the Jungs remained in the entrance, exchanging concerned glances.

"Dad," Lisa spoke up, her voice filled with urgency.