Challenges

2 days later, Charlie gathered us around at the newly renovated pool room. She had a challenge for Aqua to be the new swim coach. To be honest, I wasn’t a fan of being in water for some reason. Maybe something happened in my past life made me dislike water. I was helping Charlie with Aqua getting ready to do her training.

“Okay Aqua. How long can you hold breath underwater?” Charlie asked her.

“As long as I could.” Aqua said as she was getting into the water.

“Good. This’ll prove that you’re worthy to be our lifeguard. Do your very best!”

“I will big boss.” she nodded as she was starting to take her deep breaths.

“Good luck Aqua.” I said to her.

“Thanks Rachel.”

I sat down on the bleachers next to Alastor and Angel Dust. I had a white little flag and waved it to cheered on Aqua. “You could do it Aqua! I believe in you.” I was giving her words of encouragement.

She giggled. “Thanks sis!”

“Ready?” Charlie said. “And begin!” she started her stopwatch.

I saw Aqua taking a deep breath and she went down underwater. I didn't get to see what was going on, but I was pretty sure that she was going to be okay.

5 minutes had passed by, and she was still down there.

“Damn. She’s been down there for a really long time.” I said.

“I’ll say.” Alastor nodded.

“Uhh is she okay..?” Husker asked.

The grumpy kitty was actually getting worried? That surprised me. Even though I still didn’t like him.

“Let’s take a look, shall we?” Alastor said as he snapped his fingers. A small little bubble appeared right in front of me.

“Whoa.” I grew amazed.

Inside the bubble, I was able to see what was going on. The bubble showed us underneath the water. It showed us that Aqua was just sitting there, with her reading glasses and reading a book.

“What the fuck?!” Husker gasped. “How is she doing that?!”

Angel chuckled. “Getting worried now Whiskers~?” he teased the grumpy cat.

I smirked. “Well I’ll be damned, that’s impressive.”

Another 5 minutes have passed and I realized that Charlie was having a panic attack. “She’s been down there for too long!”

“Calm down Charlie. I’m pretty sure she knows what she’s doing.” Vaggie calmed her down.

“It’s only been 10 minutes.” Alastor said.

We were still watching through the bubble and Aqua was still under the water reading the same book. I was still pretty impressed with her skill. I looked to the side to see that Husker the grumpy cat was getting worried. I also noticed that everyone else was getting worried as well. But I looked back and I noticed that the smiling demon Alastor was still interested.

I felt myself getting jealous for no good reason. I realized that I'm starting to have small little feelings for this smiling demon. He was kind, gentle, and very charming. His smile reminds me of the crescent shaped moon. And his handsome features make him look like the perfect gentleman. My heart was pounding like crazy, and my mind was muddled with thoughts that were unimaginable.

I was trying to keep myself distracted as I was still watching Aqua doing the challenge. Another 5 minutes went by and I was baffled. “Oh wow, she's really holding her breath for that long.” I said.