Recovering

~Alastor's POV~

While all of us were making our great escape, I was holding Rachel in my arms. She was cold, she was naked, and she was damaged. I covered her in my coat and we made it to the hotel as soon as we possibly could. After we made it to the hotel, I ran upstairs with Charlie and Vaggie behind me.

“We have to work on her fast! She’s losing so much blood!” I said as I brought her to her room.

“We’re on it!” Charlie said as she and Vaggie started working on Rachel.

~30 minutes later…

I was sitting by her bedside, hoping that Rachel would wake up. I never left her side and held her hand, never letting go of it. As I was with her, I felt really stupid for letting her out on my watch. And I felt even more stupid for being such a jerk from yesterday. All my doubts and fears came true after all.

“M-Mmm…” I heard her hum.

I looked at her. “Rachel?”

“Mmm..?” Rachel slowly opened her eyes.

I smiled. “Rachel.”

“Alastor.”

“Thank goodness you’re alright.” I said as I kissed her cheek.

“Umm yeah…” she looked away.

“You’ll be as good as new pretty soon.”

“I guess…” she looked down.

“What’s the matter?”

“I’m worthless and trash…”

“What? No. You’re not worthless and your not trash.” I said to her as I hugged her.

“What makes you say that?”

“Because I see a beautiful lady right in front of me that’s worth everything to me.” I made her look at me.

“What about yesterday?” she looked away.

I sighed. “I know what I did, and I wanted to say that I’m sorry. You were… you were right about everything.”

“What?”

“I was being overprotective of you and Nifty. I know I can’t change that. But the reason why I’m like this is because… I don’t wanna lose the both of you. I love and care about you both. And I would be powerless if anything had happened to either you or Nifty. You’re both very special to me.”

“Alastor…” she teared up.

“I know. From now on, things will change for a bit. But not until you’ve fully recovered. Okay?”

“Okay. Can we still have that date?”

“Of course. Once you’re feeling better.”

“Okay.”

I smiled and hugged her. But in my mind, I was angry. After what that asshole did to her, I was so powerless. I wasn’t going to lose Rachel again. I must protect her at all costs. And I swear, if I ever see that guy ever again, he's asking for a death wish.

~Rachel's POV~

~2 days later…

I was laying in bed. And I was still feeling weak. All the new scars that I had now appeared before me. I counted them and there were 13 of them now. My legs felt weak after being tied up to that torture bed.

Each and every time that I see a bed frame, it makes me feel so scared. I looked around the room to see the shadows appearing before me. I covered my face with my hands so I wouldn’t see them. But after I felt one of them touch me, I looked back up. Strange enough to me, it looked like the shadows were trying to cheer me up.