Eavesdropping Shadows

The next day, I was in my room looking at all of the new stuff that I got yesterday when I went out with Nifty.

“Huh. All this stuff is pretty neat.” I said to myself.

I was looking through more of the stuff when my ears picked up the sound of soft talking. It sounded like it was coming from the hallway outside my door. I opened the door slowly and tiptoed toward where the sounds were coming from. I turned around the corner just a little bit and saw Husker and Aqua. It looked like Aqua was trying to calm him down.

“F-Fuck…” Husker panted.

“Shh, it’s okay Husk. Calm down.” she said to him softly as she was rubbing his shoulders.

I was wondering what had happened. I peeked around the corner again to see that Husker was suffering through a panic attack. I turned away again and I was feeling guilty listening onto them. I wanted to help my sister since she really likes him, but it was wrong to eavesdrop. I listened a little bit more and felt that feeling of being watched

‘Ugh, when will this feeling ever go away?’ I thought to myself. I was listening to Aqua who trying to calm him down. It sounded like he was having a hard time breathing. I can hear it in his throat.

“It’s okay. I’m here. I’m here.” Aqua said softly.

“Oh god…” Husker said.

“You okay?”

“Yeah. I-I’m fine.”

“Good.”

I was relieved that Husker was okay and that Aqua was the hero of the day. She got him to calm down the breathing slow down. I was happy that she able to calm the grumpy kitty down. I was proud of her.

“Wanna have a drink with me?” he asked her.

“Sure.” she said.

I peeked back to see that Husker and Aqua were leaving together. I thought that it was sweet of Husker to show his soft side to her.

After they left, I quietly left the hallway and it felt like I was being followed once again. I looked around to see what it was, but nothing was there.

‘Dammit. This dang feeling won't go away.’ I thought to myself.

I waited for the right moment to find out what it was. I closed my eyes and distracted myself by whistling. Once I turned around towards the wall, I saw a shadow that looked like Alastor.

“Whoa.” I said to myself. “So you’re the thing that was watching me all along.” I said.

I looked around to see that Alastor was nowhere to be seen. I looked back at his shadow who had green eyes and a freaky sad smile. It tried to escape, but I quickly pinned it down using a pair of scissors I had in my chest fur. I gently touched the shadow and it looked like it was scared. But it was also blushing.

“What is this creature?” I asked myself. “It has the shape of Alastor, but this is nothing like him.” I said.

I noticed that the shadow was more scared than confident than the original Alastor.

“Hmm… maybe I should learn more about you.” I smirked at the shadow.

It was a lucky thing that I remembered a fact. That I am able to trap demon shadows in a jar. So I took out a jar from my chest fur and scooped up the shadow. It looked like he was trying to scream, but no sound came out. I closed the lid from the jar and made my way through the hallway. After I went down the lobby staircase, I went straight away into the kitchen.

I wanted to know what was going on around this hotel. I know their secrets and I know there's drama. But I'm trying to stay away from that stuff since I'm not that type of person. After I sat the jar down on the counter, I looked at the shadow and it literally turn itself into a small little being.

“Huh.” I started. “So you're the one that’s been eavesdropping on me. And I always knew that something's been watching me all this time.” I said.

“So why are you doing that? Can you make any sounds?” I spoke to the shadow in the jar.

But all it could do was trying to figure out how to get away, but it couldn't. I watched it swim around in the jar in which I thought was kind of cool. The way it was moving around, it was like a free little bird with wings.

I sighed sadly as I was missing my wings. They were torn from me thanks to Lute. I watched the little shadow swim around until it stopped. I realized that the shadow can see that I was sad. I watched him and gently rub the jar.

I sighed again. “Have you ever feel like you're missing something, but you can't get it back?”

I realized that the shadow shook his head yes knowing that feeling.

“Whoa.” I was shocked that it understood me. “So you don't have to answer any questions. But you can give me yes or no questions?”

It nodded again.

“Whoa, this changes everything.” I laughed a bit and paid my attention back to the shadow. “So, do you belong to Alastor?”

The shadow thought for a moment and looked around. Then he shook his head yes.

“Huh, he does belong to him.” I said. This shadow is practically alive when he’s not with Alastor.

“I should probably let you go. But you need to stop stalking me. I don't like that feeling of being watched. It makes me feel uneasy. Can you promise me that?” I asked the shadow.

I watched the shadow sit down to make a thinking look. Then it shook his head. I’m taking it that it’s yes as a promise.

“Good.” I said as I picked up the jar.

I gently kiss it thinking that it was Alastor. I realized that the shadow was blushing and his eyes were shaped like hearts.

I giggled and did it one more time. It sounded like he was laughing, but it was like a screech laugh. It sounded creepy, but it was nice. So I opened the jar to let him out.

I smiled at the shadow. “This will be our little secret. Now don't tell your master.” I said as I leaned over the shadow to kiss his cheek. I swear he was laughing more and his face was a weird red.

“You better get going before you get in trouble.”

The shadow nodded. Before he left, he gave me a kiss as well. I smiled knowing that I made another friend. A friend within the shadows.

{{ give amazing credit to my good friend that helped me put all the good stuff in here a little bit better than what I can do
LeonardoLover1106