6.

One week left before the wedding, Penelope had been engulfed into her work since after visiting her mother to keep her self distracted and not think about what is to come. She was currently working on a new book and managing the publishing establishment that she also owned.

The days were counting down, getting closer and closer to seeing Colin; maybe I can feign being sick the weekend of the wedding! Eloise would likely throw a fit and  I'd never hear the end of it," Penelope was talking to herself in her head while she reviewed some paperwork given by one of her editors at the office.

-

"A week load of work, especially the important ones I should be done with by the end of this week. So while I'm away, you two just need to worry about the miscellaneous jobs; such as new accounts, company inquiries-" Colin tuned out the rest of Anthony's concerns.

Colin has not paid a visit to Eloise since he found out about Penelope being back. He too had been keeping himself out of his head, practicing lightly for the coming derby season with Athena and helping Benedict with Anthony's company, the family company, The Bridgerton Enterprises.

"Just manage the things that comes in and anything that needs to be reviewed, approved by me or even news that is urgent, which requires my immediate attention can wait; you can set it all aside until I return, understood?" Anthony was looking at Benedict who was mentally taking notes and Colin who clearly was not paying any mind to what he finished going over.

"No worries brother, I'm sure I can manage," Benedict smiled then whispered, "just leave instructions with your secretary," Benedict winked as Colin looked over some of the documents Anthony had given them.

The family organization was more than handling financial wellfare and economy businesses, it was a reliable and high esteemed company as a whole. Anthony hopes that things would at least be safe with his brothers, it was Benedict and Colin's inherentance until Anthony had sons to continue the family business.

-

Kate Sharma, her step mother Mary, and her mother-in-law Violet were gathering  wedding arrangements and last minute touches for the big day. Kate's younger sister Edwina had just arrived that week before the occasion, in time to offer extra help with the wedding.

"Daphne won't be long, she should be here  before the end of the day today," Violet smiled while talking to Mary.

"Danbury is coming for a visit to see how everything is coming together, is she not? Mary asked as she arranged a few flowers. "Yes, the more the merrier. We need all the help we can get," she replied happily.

-

This was an event for such excitement to come, indeed.