12.

*ding*

Pen, we may have to reschedule. Eloise is here.

What was Eloise doing at the arena? Penelope was reminded her best friend had one thing in mind she just did what she did immediately and impulsively.

He had texted her the night before if they could meet up and talk. She was going to meet him in less than an hour at the stables. When it was much cooler and not many people training due to less daylight.

Penelope was both disappointed and relieved. She was worried he wanted an explaination but at the same time she did want to see him.

She was currently in the Guildhall Art Gallery, she  needed to be in a different environment so she could focus on inspiration for her work. She felt like she was lacking creativity and no progress.

She was into in another room full of paintings all around the hall and one portrait stood out, a woman in the center playing a harp, she had fair complexion and red curls, and she wore a emerald green garment; reminded Penelope of herself.  She could see angels in both corners of the oil painting. She read Rossetti's La Ghirlandata by Dante Gabriel.

She moved on to the next painting which look like gladiators in battle or bowing surrounded by an audience

She moved on to the next painting which look like gladiators in battle or bowing surrounded by an audience. She could not tell but the art was beautiful. She then readThe Pyrrhic Dance, 1869 by Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema. 

As she went from one painting to the next she was completely lost in a work of art

As she went from one painting to the next she was completely lost in a work of art. Peaceful and with such grace she was moved.

"Astonishing is it not?" she was startled by the comment. Debling was standing beside her, was in a formal business suit like he was just in a meeting.

"I did not meant to frighten you, my apologies."

"No, no. It's quite all right. Um- and Yes it is beautiful," Penelope blushed timidly.

"I just got done with a proposal and was on my way out. I happened to see you, thought I'd say hello." he smiled kindly.

"It is nice to see you again Mr. Debling," Penelope wasn't sure how to keep the conversation going. And she didn't want to pry what his proposal with the museum was.

"Are you free this afternoon?" He asked kindly?

"Yes, may appointments for today were canceled."

"Have you ate yet? Would you care to join me for dinner?"

Penelope remembered she hasn't had dinner* yet, and she wouldn't mind company,"I'd love to join you," she smiled.

-

Note: In some parts of the UK dinner* is lunch, and in the evenings it's called Tea.