22.

"Thompson," Benedict, Daphne Eloise waited for Colin's reaction. "Marina it's nice to see you again," Daphne greeted. "Same to you, Miss Bridgerton."

Eloise looked over to find Penelope but she was no where in sight including Mr. Debling. "Shall we join the others?" Benedict hinted as both Daphne and Eloise understood what he meant.

Colin and Marina were now alone besides the people around them. Colin leaned on the white post,"Miss Thompson," he frowned.

"Not happy to see me Colin?" Marina faint a hurt expression on her face playfully.

Colin has not seen Marina since his last competition in Cheltenham. It was before he was leaving for the 6 months expedition and Penelope was currently in the States.

"I'm just surprised, you don't seem to miss any of my races," he arched his brow. "How have you been?"

"Good," she was dressed in a white thin-strapped floral gown. Colin did admire her beauty, but he was reminded the past was in the past. They were now just friends with history.

Once Colin made sure Athena was in good hands by his assistants, he and Marina went for a walk out of the stables,"Will you not be attending the after party?"

"No, I'm quite tired."

"Are you? Or are you avoiding Penelope?" Marina hinted.

"Marina" he huffed.

"I ran into her today, she fled before I could say anything more," Marina looked down.

"Well given what happened a year ago I wouldn't be surprised," Colin frowned.

"I thought you guys would have made up by now," Marina kept her pace alongside his. "We did, sort of. We're talking now," Colin explained poorly.

"Are you two just friends, I see she's with Mr. Debling-" Colin interrupted Marina, stopped in midwalk and looked at her annoyed, "What are you really doing here Marina?"

"I wanted to apologize."

"You already have, in Cheltenham."

"I caused the rift between you and Penelope. I shouldn't have intervened,"Colin was already upset. "Penelope has feelings for you. She only encouraged us to be together because she knew how much I meant to you,"Marina said. "I was wrong to be hiding George from you-"

"All you had to do was ask. Marina I had loved you, I would have done anything for you, to help George," Colin did not want to talk to Marina anymore. They had already settled their disputes ages ago.

"Colin, I also came to say goodbye," Marina smiled sadly. I'm moving up north, it's hard to be around where he used to be. And I need a change of scenery."

Colin would have given her a hug, but he was still sweaty in his jersey from the race; so he took out his hand to shake farewell,"Goodbye Thompson, I only wish the best of luck for you."

"Goodbye Bridgerton," and before Marina left there was one thing Colin did request,"Marina,"

"Yes?" She turned back to his attention.

"Before you leave, please apologize to Penelope too." Marina only smiled and said nothing more.