5.

She wasn't exactly on best terms with her mother but she still loved her mum. It was the middle of April and here she was standing in front of Feathringtom Mansion. Her mother has been accompanied with work and luxury while she was away. The head maid or housekeeper, Mrs. Varley, took care of her as a child and was still working for her mum. She had been the one to open the door for her when she arrived.

"Little Penelope, how nice to see you. How was the America's?" Penelope walked in greeted by few of the other maids and answered the one close by,"It was a good year, weather was quite interesting throughout the 4 seasons."

As she walked down the loft, she asked where her mother was. "She's in her chambers, I believe she came back from work this afternoon. Would you like to join us for tea? Both your sisters will be here with their husbands."

"No thats okay, I just wanted to speak to mama," Penelope went up the stairs and torwards her mother's bedroom.

"Penelope," her mother dressed in comfortable attire was sitting at her vanity; letting her long ginger curls fall down over her shoulders. "I see you're back.

"Did you visit Cousin Jack?" Her mother turned around to face Penelope.

"Yes, he's content with his current estate in- New York."

"Hmm is that so. And Penelope when do you plan to settle down yourself? I think a year is enough for self discovery or whatever it is you were up to in the states," her mom turned back to the mirror looking into her own reflection as she brushed out her hair.

"Mama I just came to visit you I won't be long. It been awhile, I hope you got my letters since you're not a fan of your mobile."

"I did Penelope. I am proud and most glad you're home dear, but i think you should find a new career. Writing make believe stories for the world isnt good for your brain, especially when youre caught up in fantasy or imagination."

From a very extinguish family and upperclassmen elites, her mother didn't see the point in Penelope's work. Yes she was well known and made a living off it, but that didn't sit well with her mother knowing her daughter can do so much better.

Penelope stood quietly next to her mother's door frame. Listening to her mom talk about the past year, stuff she already knew. Like her sister Prudence giving birth to another son, her younger sister Felicity was attending a university in Wales, and of course the Bridgertons invited them all to the wedding.

"Glad you're well mama, I best get going," Penelope piped.

"Youre not staying for tea?" Her mother got up from her vanity and was walking torwards her daughter near by. "No, thank you mama."

Her mother frowned as she walked off and Penelope followed. "Do you already have a dress for the wedding?" Her mother asked.

"Not ye-"

"Good I have a few choices picked out for you," her mother was now in the loft and the maids follwed.

"No Mama, Eloise and I are dress shopping this weekend. Thank you." Her mother turned around and held her arms out to reach Penelope's shoulder," Are you sure you wont stay for tea?"

"No, thank you. I'll see you soon. I love you," as Penelope heads torwards the entrance of the mansion. "I am glad you're home Penelope," her mother called before walking to the dinning room.