9.

Penelope headed out of the ballroom, torwards the staircase. As she took a few steps down, Colin took her hand and pulled her aside, hopefully no where Portia can see them. They were at the end of the staircase and beside a large window close to the lobby.

"Colin?"

He looked around making sure no one was near and then at Penelope," It's nice to see you again Pen, and must I say it seems it is hard to not only find you but to steal a single moment from you."

"Is that so?" Was all she could muster.

Penelope expected him to be upset with her but there was no signs of anger or disappointment in his expression.

They were both taking a good look of each other before anyone could speak. Colin really missed her, and she was absolutely gorgeous different from the year before.

"How long do you plan to keep away from me Penelope?" He looked at her deeply.

"Are you not mad?"

"Mad for you leaving without saying goodbye?" He shot,"or how you have been here for weeks under my nose," He questioned. So he was angry, she thought by the tone of his voice.

"I'm more hurt than anything. Someone you cared for, kisses you, then leaves the next day to another continent for a YEAR, and when they do come back, it turns out they have been in London for over a month still no phone call or a hello to be exact," he arched his brow.

Penelope felt horrid, she should be the one to explain herself but how was she to do that when everything felt so one-sided with her feelings when it came to Colin. Now it may be no longer be that way.

"The last time we saw each other I thought we made it clear that things were going to be different from then on," Colin said.

"What are you saying? Months before I left, I admit there was tension between us and according to what you wrote in your note, I thought you wanted to keep our friendship and leave it behind."

"Is that what you want?" Colin asked.

"No."

He smiled pulling Penelope closer to him.
"I'm sorry Penelope if I confused you in anyway but I think I'm the one who needs explanation."

She was beginning to tear up, "I can't tell you that" She was trying to swallow her tears up,"I'm sorry but I can't," he was upset but with the fact that Penelope was actually crying over the matter. He didn't understand why but he thought it may be best not to push it.

"Pen, I hope you know how I feel about you," Colin pulled her chin lightly upward so she can look him in the eye.

"Pen-" he wanted to kiss her but they heard footsteps close by and pulled away from each other.

"Brother, it seems you finally got to talk to Penelope," Eloise interrupted. The couple can see Eloise not far with her purse and shawl in hand. Penelope quickly wiped her tears away. "Is everything ok?"

"I'm glad you're back home safe from your travels and thank you for the birthday gift too. Goodnight Colin," she walked over to a confused Eloise as she lead her to her car in the parking garage. Penelope did not want to leave Colin in the lobby.