2.

"Welcome Homeeeeeeee."

Eloise greeted as Penelope walked out to the pick up area of Heathrow Airport in London. Penelope left New York around 5'oclock that late afternoon and landed at 10:32pm, currently 10:50pm (hence the time difference between America and United Kingdom; plus airline delay).

"Elle!" The two best friends hug and head to Eloise's car. She was already talking her ear off, about her current job at the office, about the wedding, and how Penelope can stay with her as long as she needed to. However, Eloise noticed how quiet Penelope was, "Don't worry, Colin has no idea you're back. He won't be visiting anytime soon either, he's currently getting ready for this coming season for the derby."

Ultimate relief fell upon Penelope's shoulders,"Good heavens." She contemplated maybe it would be best to get her own flat too.

-

The next morning Colin noticed it was a fine day, it being the end of March; it seemed ideal to see his horse for schooling* (training excercises at an arena or field) to practice for this season.

The day was sunny, he noticed the soil was still wet from weeks of rain, meaning the ground was definitely moist. He was grateful for being bundled up in a dark navy insulated jacket and that he wore coal black breeches for warmth since the weather was still cold.

His horse swiftly glides around the arena for a warm up. And as he practiced, a few others were also gathered to watch the golden boy of the hour.

Colin however can spot his rival dressed in a trademark green jacket; Debling, who was also there that morning for practice. They were good friends on the track.

"Welcome back Bridgerton. The weather is perfect, is it not?" Debling smiled and waved.

"Good indeed."

"How was your tour?" Debling steadies his horse next to Colin's as they engaged in conversation.

"Cairo was amazing, I did fairly well than excepted in Hong Kong last July" Colin humbled himself.

"Impressive, you know if you're well rested from a small hiatus since you've been back; why dont you say we race this morning, Bridgerton?"

"Let us race," He smiled widely. Both men guided their horses at the start of the track not far from the arena they were in.

As they positioned, one of the men were currently watching the two rivals, who volunteered to kick off the friendly race. As the count down began, both men steadied their horses at the starting gate; both locked in and focused.

3

2

1

Go

Both men dashed on their horses torwards the finish line. Colin was just ahead by a few feet but as they made the clubhouse turn of the track Debling caught up and surpassed him, a mile in and Debling may just win, and so he did.

"Good race old friend. Will you be training for the season? Not that you need it," Debling chuckled, catching his breath.

"Yes, well-," Colin huffed out, "After the month of May. My brother Anthony is getting married."

"Ahh yes, I heard the news. Anthony was generous to invite me. Congrats to the newly wed-to-be."

"Perfect, I would like to introduce you to the rest of the family Debling," Colin thought of his available sisters who were old enough to marry; who may be interested.

"That would be an honor."