25.

Debling had escorted Penelope to the afterparty which was being held in front of the arena. "Good match today," complimented Mrs. Featherington. Penelope's sisters also congradulated him.

"Miss Featherington, I will be back. I need to dress properly for the occasion," Debling similed before taking off to the hotel next door.

"There you are, you were whisked away by Mr. Debling," Eloise teased. "Eloise can I finish what I wanted to tell you earlier?"

"You were telling me something?"

"Penelope," Marina finally found her, she did not tell Colin she would but here she was to apologize, hoping Penelope would not run away,"Can we talk?"

Eloise nudged her friend to go and talk to Marina, and sadly Penelope could not ask for help to get out of it,"Yes of course." The two women walked farther out torwards the entrance of the Arena where they could be alone.

-

"Shouldn't he be here right now?" Daphne asked.

"We did leave him with Marina, but I doubt there is anything going on," Benedict smiled.

"I just saw Marina with Penelope," Daphne lookd over to Penelope, she seemed uneasy,"I would be worried about Debling making a move, he's been quite smooth with Penelope,"Benedict commented jokingly.

"How do you know that?"

"Just as you know it yourself sister. I pluked it out of Colin the other day. He said you knew about Penelope but didn't say anymore, much less"

"What about Colin?" Eloise asked after talking to her mother Violet about the race. "He's not coming is he? Someone needs a pep talk," Benedict wiggled his eyebrows.

"You or me Daphne?"

-

Colin had just finished cleaning up, he was walkout though the lobby of the hotel when he ran into Debling,"Good Race Debling."

"You as well Bridgerton."

The two men passed each other after acknowledging one another's presence. Colin remembered how bold Debling confessed to Penelope at the stables. He decided he needed to look for Penelope while his rival was occupied.

He walked out to the party and did not find her,"Colin there you are. We were getting worried you were hung up on the site of someone," Benedict smirked.

"If you're looking for Penelope, she's at the park," Daphne whispered as Benedict covered Eloises ears and gave him a wink.

-

Ascot Racecourse Layout

Ascot Front Entrance

-Bonus-

The stands where they observed the race