artemis is in trouble

After unpacking in cabin eight I decided to go play basketball with Phoebe and Jasmine

Me and Jasmine immediately started competing on how far away we could make the basket from. And Phoebe was just wanting to shoot hoops, regular people stuff.

Until something happened and Phoebe and some guy from the Ares cabin started arguing.

Me and Jasmine shared a look before running up to make sure Phoebe didn't hurt the poor Ares kid.

No offense to ares-well actually, offense to ares, his children inherited some of the not so smart genes. If I was a camper I wouldn't go picking a fight with a hunter, especially not the biggest one.

Thalia came strutting over like she was some great goddess or something. She walked up to Phoebe and the ares kid just as Phoebe threw her ball straight at the kids face, it sent him to the ground. I had a smug smirk, serves him right to mess with her.

Thalia started talking, and trying not to yell at both of them. Especially Phoebe who she blamed for starting the 'fight'

I walked up and moved Phoebe back before she could get into another, fight this time with the daughter of Zeus.

"Thalia," I said stiffly. "If Phoebe was doing anything wrong, Zoé would say something to her. We don't need you to control our actions."

The way I said you with so much distaste, and hate I almost said sorry. Almost.

Thalia sneered at me and strutted off, knowing it wasn't her place. Good.

•••

At dinner that night our table was the most full and active, we were laughing, having fun, and arm wrestling. I was one of the best, other than Phoebe, and I've never arm wrestled Zoé, who try's to act older when she's technically younger than me when we became immortal.

She was about fourteen or so, and I was nearly fifteen.

Phoebe started to try and teach Bianca to arm wrestle. Bianca kept losing but didn't look upset.

I was sat at Zoé's right and she looked happy, but something was bothering her.

"What's bothering you?" I asked Zoé. No matter how much I complain about Zoé, she'll always be my oldest friend.

"How'd you know?" Zoé asked, a tight smile on her lips.

I shrugged. "I know you."

"Yeah," she sighed. "I just wish lady Artemis took us with her."

"Don't worry about her, we know her journey will be dangerous but we have to trust our patron to know what she's doing."