boom goes the lion-man

So Percy asked the question, it wasn't really that specific and I nearly threw myself into the ocean but it turned out okay

It turns out the monster was Ophiotaurus, who can be sacrificed and make the person who sacrificed him have the ability to kill a god.

And it also happens that Percy knew about the creature and named it 'Bessie' and he happens to be its protector.

Crazy how half of our quest turned out to be something we already had—something that we had to quiz out. Like a prophecy. Our prophecy only had the lines 'the titans curse must good and evil withstand' and 'one shall perish by a parent's hand'.

As we talked out the power of Ophiotaurus, well they did I was stuck on something Grover had said that he said Ophiotaurus said. Trouble is near. I could feel the familiar sense of a monster.

I drew my bow and tried to get the other's attention but they kept focus on Ophiotaurus.

I turned to the others, impatient to get moving. We barely had any time left, we needed to get Artemis as soon as possible.

"Zoé," I nudged her but she waved me away.

"Thalia," I said. But the girl was daydreaming of power.

"The power to overthrow Olympus. That's...that's huge." She muttered.

"Yes, it is, my dear." A man behind us said. "And it is a power you shall unleash."

I whirled around to see Dr. thorn, the manticore. I released an arrow as soon as I could get a straight shot in between his eyes. It would've hit too, if his tail didn't whip out of nowhere and sent a spike to meet it mid air. The spike and arrow met mid air in front of his face, he snarled. But it wasn't very intimidating on a face that looks like the homeless men down at the soup kitchen.

A smile slowly spread across his irritating face. "This is just pairrr-fect."

I started to grab another arrow but held it, hopefully we can talk our way out of this one, the manticore was too selfish for his own good.

"Long ago, the gods banished me to Persia," he said. "I was forced to scrounge for food on the edges of the world, hiding in forests, devouring insignificant human farmers for my meals. I never got any great hero's. I was not feared and admired in the old stories! But now that will change. The titans shall honor me, and i shall feast on the flesh of half-bloods!"

Sounds like a delusional dream, I wanted to say. He only had mortal mercenaries, who could die from one arrow, and him being one manticore against the five of us. He stood no chance, hopefully.

"Where.. where are the skeletons?" Percy asked.

The creature sneered. "I do not need those foolish undead! The general thinks I am worthless? He will change his mind when I defeat you myself!"