a ride with chuck and hank

As we started to sit down after spending what felt like an hour in line for food, Percy came running up

"We need to leave." He gasped, trying to catch his breath from running. "Now!"

"But we just got out burritos!" Thalia protested.

Zoé stood quickly muttering an Ancient Greek curse. "He's right! look!"

The cafe windows wrapped all the way around so we had a perfect view of the skeletons getting closer.

Two were blocking the way to the east side of the dam road and three were blocking the west side of the dam road, trapping us.

And to make matters worse three skeletons appeared on the stairs where Percy had come from.

"Elevator!" Grover said. We didn't need any more encouragement, we bolted for them but the door slid open revealing three more skeletons. So every warrior was here except for the one Bianca killed back in New Mexico.

I had my bow drawn and an arrow notched quicker than Icarus fell from the sky. I knew it wouldn't do anything but I felt that if I could slow them down any bit, I'd do it.

Then Grover had a crazy idea, "burrito fight!" He yelled and threw his burrito at the nearest warrior.

Grover's lunch hit the skeleton and knocked his head—skull, off his shoulders. And I'm not sure what the mortals saw but they started going crazy and throwing their food everywhere. Any other day I would've been disgusted and furious for them getting food on me, but today it was hopeless for the skeletons to try and aim their guns.

Thalia and Percy tackled the other two skeletons on the stairs and sent them flying into the condiment table. Then we all raced downstairs.

"What now?" Grover asked as we burst outside.

I don't think any of us had an answer, we ran across the road to where the winged statues were but that just put our backs to the mountain.

The skeletons kept moving forward forming a crescent around us and the skeletons from the cafe were running to join them. I notched three arrows and made them set to knock off three heads.

"Four against eleven." Zoé muttered. "And they cannot die."

"We can take them," I said jokingly. I'm glad my voice didn't show the worry spreading deep through me.

"It's been nice adventuring with you guys," Grover said, his voice trembling.

I let the three arrows go and knocked off three heads, it made them step closer, quicker.

"Whoa," Percy said. "Their toes are really bright,"

"Percy!" Thalia said. "This isn't the time."

The skeletons crept forward swinging their batons threateningly.