we drink wild coffee

I didn't sleep the rest of the trip

I didn't sleep the rest of the trip. I couldn't, what if I was plagued with dreams again. Of Artemis or of my possible past.

I stacked every story that Greece has ever told or written, some gone and never heard by mortal ears and many popular with the mortals.

That doesn't mean I figured it out— there are many things that fit what I've seen so far and none of them good, since they all include love.

The train stopped at the outskirts of a town, a small town. The sign read: WELCOME TO CLOUDCROFT, NEW MEXICO.

The cold wasn't as terrible but it still snow was piled on the roofs. I still shivered every time the wind blew.

I thought how many days left until the winter solstice, how many days until we had to save Artemis, four.

As we walked Zoé kept sending me looks as if to warn me of when we had the time, tell her. I think that if I told her she'd disown me—not that that's possible but she'd never talk to me again.

Wow, what a way to put my spirits down.

We stopped in the middle of town, we could pretty much see everything in this tiny town. But the only thing I noticed was no was out.

"Great. No bus station. No taxis. No car rental. No way out." Thalia said, stating the obvious.

"There's a coffee shop!" Grover exclaimed.

"Yes," I said. "I could go for some coffee."

"And pastries," Grover said dreamily. "And wax paper."

Thalia sighed. "Fine. How about you two and Zoé go get us some food. Percy, Bianca, and I will check in the grocery store. Maybe they can give directions."

We agreed to meet in front of the grocery store in fifteen minutes. Bianca looked like she didn't want to leave either mine or zoés side but she didn't voice her concerns.

Grover, zoé, and I went to the coffee shop, the inside was small and smelled sweet. pastry's lined the shelves and the menu was taped on the counter where we'd had to order.

Me and zoé went to the counter leaving Grover to drool over pastry's.

Just as I realized me and Zoé were alone in time for her to attack me with questions.

"What was that earlier?" Zoé asked quietly. "And do not fake ignorance, I am well aware thou know."

I sigh, she's upset. "It was just..."

How am I ever going to tell her? How will she ever look at me again, she'll probably tell Artemis and I'd be revoked from the hunt.