plans to go

Mr

Mr. D gathered all the camp leaders and me and Zoé, who also decided to bring Bianca along.

She only took me with her because the Oracle came to me and asked me and gave me the prophecy.

Once Percy Jackson, Thalia, and Grover showed up Zoé started the meeting by saying. "This is pointless."

I heard Grover exclaim, "cheez whiz!" And sent him a confused look before focusing on Zoé again.

"There is no time for talk," Zoé continued. "Our goddess needs us. The hunters must leave immediately."

"And go where?" Chiron asked.

"West." I said, duh. Did he not listen to the Oracle. "The prophecy said: Six shall go west to the goddess in chains. We can get six hunter and go."

I was trying not to bring up the fact that the prophecy also said camper and hunter combined prevail. But whatever, maybe prevail means to not fulfill the prophecy where two people die.

"Yes," Zoé agreed. "Artemis is being held hostage! We must find her and free her."

"You're missing something as usual," Thalia said. "Campers and hunters combined prevail. We're supposed to do this together."

"No!" Zoé said. "The hunters do not need thy help."

"Your" Thalia grumbled. "Nobody has said thy in like three hundred years, Zoé. Get with the times."

Zoé hesitated before saying, "Yerr. We do not need yerr help."

Thalia rolled her eyes. "Forget it."

"I fear the prophecy say me you do need our help," Chiron said. "Campers and hunters must cooperate."

I snorted, he expected us to cooperate.

"Or do they?" Mr D mused. "One shall be lost. One shall perish. That's sounds rather nasty, doesn't it? What if you fail because you try to cooperate?"

"Mr. D," Chiron sighed. "With all due respect, whose side are you on?"

"Sorry my dear centaur. Just trying to be helpful."

"We're supposed to work together," Thalia said stubbornly. "I don't like it either, Zoé, but you know prophecies. You want to fight against one?"

Zoé grimaced. I sighed. "So let's hurry up, yeah? So we can save Artemis?" I reminded them.

Chiron nodded, agreeing with me. "We must not delay, today is Sunday. This very Friday, December twenty-first, is the winter solstice."