we crumble a giant

I sat as far away from Lady Love as possible

She radiated what I hate, her dazzling smile and flawless face pissed me off.

Even compared to my dreams she was more perfect in person.

"My dear," Aphrodite said.

"Lady Aphrodite," I answered.

We sat in silence, her smiling brightly at me and me thinking of what to say. I had all these questions ready and planned, but it all slipped away.

She took the opportunity to talk. "My dear—what is it now, Sky. My dear Sky, do you know who you are?"

She held up the earring as if it would give me a clue.

"I—I don't know who I am anymore." I answered. "But do you?"

"Do I? I suppose I do."

"Can you tell me?" I begged.

"Well that would be no fun now would it?" Aphrodite smiled even sweeter. "I have no love for any hunter. No matter her past."

I sighed in exasperation. "Why are you in my dreams? Why do I ask you if my love is real? Why can't I remember my past? Why can't my past come to me?"

She laughed. "Your past is not mine to share, for I am not the one who took it."

"Who is the one who took it then?"

"I think you know." Aphrodite said. "She knew she was going to lose you at some point but she never knew why."

"I will never leave the hunt." I said. "Especially not over what you imply!"

"Are you so sure?" Aphrodite hissed. "If you knew the past you might change your mind. And I would tell you but it is not for me to share!"

My whole body bubbled with anger, she made me want to fight something or someone, particularly her. It's like ares, giving off war vibes Aphrodite gave off love vibes.

I hated it. I do hate it.

I slid close to the door with my hand on the handle about to leave. "Can you at least tell me, did you enchant me? Or was it love?"

"I may have enchanted you but that doesn't mean it's not love." She stretched forward with her hand out, holding my earring. "You'll be needing this."

I took the earring and exited the car, ares and Percy stood apart glaring at each other.

Without any words I stood and waited with Percy for ares to leave but he flicked his wrist saying, "get lost."

Me and Percy spun around and fell face first to the ground. When I stood again the limousine was gone, the whole town was gone we were standing in the junkyard with everyone else.

•••

"What did she want with you?" Bianca asked Percy after he'd told them about Aphrodite.